It is a very common tale, whenever you need to print something and the black ink of your printer has decided to go on permanent vacation. When this happen, you straightly search in Google to fix this problem and run into several printer forums without getting a clear resolution. We have put together a list of things that you can try when your HP Printer Not Printing black color properly as it should be.
Here are the steps to fix printer not printing black color appropriately try out them carefully.
Some Basic Things To Start:
- Turn your printer off, disconnect USB cables and unplug from the power source as well. Wait for some moment and then reconnect your printer to turn it back on.
- Try Printing test page or a print Quality diagnostic report.
- Make sure your ink cartridges have enough ink or these are not faulty one.
Check Ink Cartridge:
- The ink cartridges that are low on ink or empty, simply replace them
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly snapped into place and also installed in their correct slots.
- If you installed a new cartridge, then double check to ensure that you’ve removed the tape over the vent.
- Verify that there is no any clog in the vents of the cartridges. If there is, then gently use a pin to clean the vent clog.
- Try using another ink cartridge to check whether your printer is able to recognize cartridges or not.
- If you are able to find out whether ink cartridge or print heads is causing the issue, then you can easily fix Printer not Printing Black color issue.
Check Print Heads:
- When switching ink cartridges don’t work then you needs to check is your print heads.
- Make sure your print heads are not clogged. You can clean it both ways automatically or manually.
- If still you face error, then try cleaning feature two to three times. One thing you need to keep in mind that automatic cleaning uses lots of ink, so use this process only when most necessary.
Some advanced fixes:
- There is a possibility that your printer driver software is causing the black color not printing issue. Try updating your printer driver or uninstalling and reinstalling it.
- Changing the paper settings is also a way to resolve this issue. But it not works when you have two black print cartridges. By switching from one paper type to another you just trigger or jump starts any of the black cartridges to work.
After trying above measure you surely able to fix Printer Not Printing Black color issue. It is quite a common problem which needs to rectify as soon as possible. So, follow these steps carefully and fix this issue whenever it shows up.