HP Printers are widely used for printing, scanning or faxing the documents. Despite being reliable and affordable printing machine, it may have malfunction. There can be several factors for printer stop functioning issue. In this guide, we compile various different HP Printer Error Codes that generally been appeared during print job and makes the users too much infuriation. Therefore, if your printer has stopped printing for any reason, let’s walk-through the post find out the perfect solution.
The Full HP Printer Error Code List With Impeccable Solutions
HP Printer Error Code 49:
This error code is normally caused by a communication failure between the computer and printer device. Such an error will stick your printer in a loop and hence telling you to turn it off and then on back. Step-by-step fixing guides for HP Printer Error Code 49 are mentioned below:
- There might be something is messed up in your printer queue due to which you receive this error. In order to get rid of it, you should clear the print queue.
- You should also perform a cold reset to restore all factory settings
- Install the latest printer driver .
HP Smart Test Error Code 303:
This nasty problem can be faced by there is issue with hard driver. That’s why; you are highly recommended to check your hard drive and in case any kind of fault is having with the platter, then hard drive may be defective, dead or damaged. Therefore, replace that hard drive as soon as possible in a way to fix it.
HP Printer Error Code 79:
The HP Printer Error Code 79 indicates that the print job is corrupt or the printer firmware is outdated. If the same problem is experienced to you, don’t lose your hope as you can easily eradicate this error code. What you exactly have to do is to update the printer’s firmware to the latest version and then restart both your computer and printer. Now, let’s print!
HP Printer Error Code 30:
Generally, the error code 30 indicates that the printer isn’t activated even though it’s well-connected to both the wall plug and the computer. The issue is straightforward: there is a problem with your drivers, and it would be the best to install the upgraded version of printer driver. Simply, you have to go to your Control Panel and find your printer, make it uninstall. Then, search for any HP drivers if installed any on your PC and remove them as well. Thenafter, you should disconnect the printer from the computer and connect it again, then go to HP’s official web page, find your printer model that you are having and download the full driver suite for it.
HP Printer Error Code 0x6100004a:
Such an error code is been occurred if there is any paper jammed, ink cartridge is low or a printer failure. To keep things on the bright side, first you are required to remove all papers that are stuck inside the printer and then load a new one appropriately to see if the error has been resolved. If the same error code still exists during print job, then turn off your printer, remove the ink cartridges, turn it back on and perform a hard reset. Afterwards, install the ink cartridges and print to test. This troubleshooting guide will be helpful in repairing your printer and bring it back in functioning well.
HP Printer Text Error Messages A-Z:
The text error codes are very easy to decode and rectify them as the entire issue is properly mentioned onto the printer display screen. Sometimes the text error messages you received regarding your printer gives you clearance about its solutions to rectify the error hassle-freely.
Hope the above noted HP Printer Error Code List along with specific solutions helps the readers to better understand in making the problem solved. However, for additional support, one should contact our tech-specialists through provided helpline number.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does my HP printer keep saying error printing?
There may be several reasons why an HP printer keeps displaying HP printer error codes. The probable reason can be:
1. Your printer may not have papers to print. Insert papers properly in such a way that the printer can pull a paper easily while printing.
2. Most problems occur internally due to driver or printer cable problems. Restarting the printer may resolve the issue.
3. Cartridges may not be installed properly. Check the position of the cartridge and adjust it.
4. The cable connecting the printer and the computer may be loose. Tighten the cable and restart the printer.
5. There are many printouts to be taken out or many tasks in the printing queue. In such cases, there can be jamming of the paper. If yes, remove the paper that has got stuck.
6. The memory capacity of the printer must have been affected due to excessive and complex printing tasks. In such cases, reduce the DPI or create simple documents, which do not put the load on the printer.
7. The printer must have turned warm due to excessive load. Let it cool and then use it.
8. Every cartridge has sealing tape. Probably, the sealing tape may have come off.
How do I get my HP printer out of error mode?
If your ‘HP Printer Is In An Error State‘, HP error codes can be fixed by following the below steps. The error codes are nothing but the problems within the printer. Check whether the cable connection between the computer and printer is not loose. Tighten the cable up. Then restart. If the problem persists, go to the control panel by using the ‘Run Dialogue’ box or from the start menu. On the Control Panel, find the devices and printer icon. Check out the printers list. You may find the HP printer icon. Right click on the HP printer icon and check the option “use printer offline”.
How do I clear the error code on my HP printer?
The HP printer error codes are usually displayed when the printer is not able to comprehend certain tasks or conditions. Given below are the possible reasons for the printer issue airports and ways to fix them.
1. Starting problem: The printer must have not started properly. Remove the power cable from the printer. Wait for 60 seconds and then power the printer.
2. Driver or printer cable problems: Some problem related to the drivers or printer cable must have occurred. Restart the printer and the error should vanish.
3. Cartridge chip problem: The printer must be failing to read the chip on the cartridge. This may be due to the scratch on the chip or improper placement of the cartridge. In such circumstances, you can remove the cartridge and insert it again. Then restart the printer. If the problem persists, then you may have to replace the cartridge. If the problem continues, then it may be a hardware problem and you need to approach an engineer.
4. The printer paper tray may be empty: Sometimes it may so happen that all the papers must have got used up while taking out the printouts. In such cases, put print out papers in the tray and start the machine.
5. The printer hard disk must have crashed: If the printer’s hard disk must have crashed, press the “SELECT” button on the printer. If this doesn’t resolve your issue, then it must be a hardware fault.
How do I check my HP printer for errors?
Several HP printer errors may occur on your printing device. The printer may show the error code. By checking the error code, you will come to know what errors must happen. Accordingly, you need to fix the problem.
Why am I getting an error message on my HP printer?
There are plenty of reasons why you must be seeing HP printer error messages on the HP printer. The printer may show a unique message for each error. Following are the problems due to which errors may be shown:
1. The printer must have got jammed due to a paper stuck up inside the printer.
2. The paper must have finished on the printed tray.
3. The printer must have gone out of network.
4. The connection between the printer and the PC must have loosened up.
5. There must be some problem with the cartridge.
6. Drivers must have got corrupted.
7. There may be cable problems, firmware or hardware faults.
How do I fix HP Printer Status error?
HP printer status error can occur due to a number of reasons. You need to see the HP error code to identify the nature of the problem and then fix them. For example, if the error code is 59, it means that there is some problem with the printer motor. You may have to change the printer motor in this case or repair it. If the error code is 50, it may be related to the fuser. If the error code is 40, then it may be related to data transfer between the PC and the printer. In this case, check all cables and replace the necessary ones. Lookout whether the EIO boards are correctly seated. If the error code is 24, then check whether the printer queue is overloaded. If yes, then reduce the number of printing takes. If the error code is 13, then the paper must have got jammed.
Why does my HP printer Say error printing?
A printer may display HP printer errors while printing if any problems must have occurred within the printer. You need to troubleshoot and understand the problems by checking out the error code. Accordingly, you need to fix the problems. The problems can be related to paper getting jammed; printer getting heated up, and drivers getting corrupted. Other reasons can be cable or hardware faults. The printer must have gone out of the network. The cable between the printer and the computer must have gotten loosened up.
How do I fix printer error?
Different HP printer error code messages are shown for different printer problems. For example, the error code 40 is shown when a problem exists between data on the PC and the printer. In such cases, the data has to be checked. If the data cable is loose then it should be tightened up. If there is a fault in the data cable then it should be replaced.
Why does my printer say the error code?
The printer displays different HP error code messages based on the problem that has occurred within the printer. An error code is displayed by the printer. Each error code will have its own meaning in terms of the printer problem. For example, error code 16 is displayed by the printer. This means that there is some problem with the cartridge toner. The cartridge toner may be either running low or must have become depleted.
How do I fix Error 79 on the HP printer?
You may come across HP error code 79 when there is a problem related to the loose connection of the cable or DIMM installation. It can also be due to the drivers. To fix the issue, turn off the printer. Remove the power cable. Hold on for 30 to 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and start it again. If the problem is not solved, the problem may be due to incompatible DIMM installation. To fix the problem, remove the DIMM and reinstall it again. If it’s a faulty DIMM, then replace it. If the problem is related to the drivers, go to the Control Panel and find the HP printer device. Right click over it. Uninstall the drivers. Start the machine again and reinstall the drivers.
How do I fix Error 49 on the HP printer?
This HP error code is displayed if there are issues related to cable, firmware or hardware. In such cases, see whether the cable has loosened up. Tighten it up. If the problem persists, then you have to remove the hard disk and see whether the printer is working. If it works then it means there is a problem with the printer’s hard disk. Problems can also occur due to the network card of the printer. To check whether there is any problem with the network card, remove the network card, and turn the printer on. If there is any problem with the network card then the printer will start working. Problems can also occur due to DIMM. Remove the DIMM and reinstall it. If none of these work, then upgrade the printer’s firmware.
What is a 79 service error on the HP printer?
One of the most annoying moments is when you’re working on some urgent project and your printer displays HP printer error 79. Don’t worry, it can be resolved. To fix the error, turn off the printer and take out the power cord. Wait for 60 seconds. Connect the printer back to the power source and start it again. If the problem is not solved, then it may be due to incompatible DIMM installation. This means that you may have to remove the DIMM and reinstall it. The problem can also be due to issues with the drivers. You can either uninstall the drivers and reinstall them or try upgrading them.
How do I fix the error code oxc4eb827f on the HP printer?
HP printers are one of the best printers. That’s the reason why most people buy them. But, sometimes, the HP Printer often gives the HP error code oxc4eb827f. This error code can be due to various reasons. This includes the dislocated encoder strips, problematic hardware, outdated printer driver, or corrupted registry entries. But don’t worry. We will help you with different troubleshooting techniques and fixes to overcome the problem. Given below are the steps you need to use to fix the HP Printer error code:
1. Your printer should be turned off and the cartridge should be removed from it.
2. Remove all the cables from the printer and detach the power module on the power cord.
3. Turn off the computer and Wi-Fi.
4. Wait for 30 to 60 seconds. Then, turn on the computer by plugging the power cord back to the printer.
5. If this doesn’t help, then reinstall the cartridge into the printer.
6. Make backup copies of the files on the printer. Now, turn on the printer along with the Wi-Fi.
7. Attach the other cables too.
8. Check whether the problem has been resolved. You can do so by taking out a printout or photocopy of a document
How do I fix the error 0x6100004a on HP?
You may be working online on an important task and you may need the help of the printer for the same. Suddenly you come across the HP printer error code 0x6100004a. You start wondering what has happened to the printer. You may think what should I do to fix the problem? Don’t worry. We will help you to fix the problem. The problem may be due to a firmware glitch; clogged cartridges or a paper might have got stuck jamming the printer. Given below are the steps to resolve the problem:
Firmware issue: Suppose you are using the printer for a long time. You may experience that the printer freezes and does not print properly. To fix it, reset the printer.
Clogged ink cartridge: When ink gets clogged in the cartridges, you need to reinstall them. This may happen when the printer is not used for a long time.
Paper jam: This happens when you’re taking a lot of printouts. While taking the printout, the printer may not be able to align the paper. Hence, the paper may get stuck in the printer. Try to remove the paper. if the problem is due to the cartridge, then remove the cartridge. Reinstall the cartridge.
Why does my HP printer Say printer failure?
The printer may display HP printer error or printer failure due to various reasons. It may be due to a cartridge problem or a loose power cable connection. It can also be due to driver issues, network problems, DIMM issues, and many other such types of problems.