You might have the most expensive printer with top notch features but it still won’t guarantee you an error free printing experience. No matter how high tech the technology is, it is always laced with errors. Some of the errors could either be because of virus or unsuccessful updates. It is very common for the users to face the issue of HP Printer not printing black but you don’t have to worry as just like any other issue, it can be fixed too.
There are some basic steps that you can follow in order to fix ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issue. They are-
1. Clean the print head
It is very common for the print head to clog with ink after being in use for quite some time and at times you can fix the hp printer not printing black issue simply by cleaning it. You can follow the below mentioned steps in order to clean the print head and get your hp printer to print black again-
- Disconnect your printer from the power source and open the cover of your printer
- Remove the ink cartridge and clean it thoroughly
- Insert the print cartridge and connect the printer to the power source
- Run the automated startup sequence
- Print a test page to check if your hp printer is printing black now. You might be required to do it a number of times to get a black print.
2. HP Print and Scan doctor to the rescue
You can simply fix this issue of hp printer not printing black with the help of HP Print and Scan Doctor. Use the following steps to resolve the issue.
- You need to install ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor’ from the website
- Now run this software and click on the ‘Start’ button from your Window screen
- Select your printer and click ‘Next’
- On the next screen, select ‘Fix Printing’
- This will find and fix the root cause of the problem of hp printer not printing black and fix it
3. Check your ink cartridges
At times, we ignore the most common cause of the problem as they seem to be too simple to have an effect. Your cartridges happen to fall in one of those categories. If you hp printer is not printing black then make it a point to check the ink levels. Clean the vent before installing a new cartridge as well. Always make sure that you use the original HP Cartridges.
4. Align the print head
The print head is like the heart of your printer and if your hp printer won’t print black, make it a priority to check it before you panic and think that it is some major reason. Most printers come with an option to ‘Align Print Head’ which can be found in the control panel. You can also find the correct way to align in the manual provided to you as per the specific model.
5. Troubleshoot the problem
If nothing works then treat this as your last resort. Run the printer troubleshooter to get rid of hp printer not printing black issue. Follow the below mentioned easy steps to fix the problem-
Go to search bar in the bottom left corner of your system and type ‘Troubleshoot’
Click on ‘Printer’ and select ‘Run the Troubleshooter’
It might take few minutes to detect the problem
Select the hp printer model and click ‘Next’
Follow the on screen instructions and restart the system to fix the hp printer won’t print black issue.
By following the above steps, you will be able to get rid of your problem of hp printer not printing black. Feel free to get in touch with us if you require more assistance.
For more assistance call us: +1-855-233-2220