When a system failed to make communication with the connected printer than the HP Printer displays network Printer Offline Windows 10 error. This error crops up due to the connection failure, poor configurations, or pending jobs in print queue. In any case, the printer will not print until or unless you bring back it to online state. A number of people are suffering with the same issue and the cause of their error is dissimilar, however, you have to start troubleshooting the error from the starting.
Offline typically indicates that the computer can’t make connection with the printer because either it is powered off or the network cable is disconnected. Whatever the reason of occurrence of this error you need to rectify it, if you want to continue your printing work.
Have a look at the symptoms that might be present when your HP printer is offline:
- Printer is not responding at all.
- Status of printer icon is offline or grey in color.
- Not able to locate printers and other devices on the network.
- Sharing of file and printer is disabled.
- Network Port IP address changed or reset completely.
- When the printer enters in the sleep mode it loses its network connection.
Don’t exasperate! Whenever your HP network
printer goes offline, there are number of ways to bring it online from offline. Here, we have discussed one possible way or you can say the easiest way to change its states offline to online.
Let’s start the procedure:
- Carry out power reset and check connections of printers.
- Make sure the printer is connected to the correct wireless network
- Check printer’s print setting is not set to the print offline.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi settings were not changed lately.
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose as well as resolve printing problems.
- Your default print driver might have changed, reset it to default
- Ensure that the driver is making communication with the correct port
- If the driver is corrupted remove and reinstall the driver
- If all these fail, then try connecting the printer to another computer may be there are some faults in your computer.
Final Words for Network Printer Offline Windows 10
Now, after pursuing above mentioned steps, your HP Printer Offline problem will surely be exterminated completely. However, you don’t need to feel blue, if you are unable to eliminate this error. Simply come to us via making a call at our toll-free HP Support Number and get united with our tech connoisseurs to get proper remedies. Our team is well-expert in dealing with the hitches related to HP printer as they have immense years of practice in this field.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Troubleshoot An Offline Printer?
An offline printer gives a rise to a wide variety of problems and hurdles. However, there can be various reasons for the occurrence of such issues. You should follow the below-mentioned measures to troubleshoot an offline printer:
- You should first check whether your Wi-Fi network is stable.
- Next, you need to set your printer as a default one.
- You should also consider clearing the print queue.
- Reset your printer and then given a restart to your device.
These are the basic troubleshooting practices through which you can easily handle such obstacles with care.
How Do You Change The Status Of A Printer From Offline To Online?
- For that, you need to navigate to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Here, a list of printers appears, double-click on the printer you want to change the status.
- Select the option says ‘Printer: Offline’.
- A Printer menu will appear on the screen
- Select ‘Printer’ and untick the checkmark from ‘Use Printer Offline’
Doing so will help you to change the printer status from offline to online successfully.
How Do I Get My Printer Back Online With Windows 10?
The process of getting the printer online on Windows 10 is very easy. What you need to do is to reach out to the ‘Start’ icon on your computer system. Then, you should select ‘Control Panel’ and navigate to ‘Devices and Printers’ option. Here, you need to choose ‘See what’s printing’ option by right-clicking on the printer you want to change the status. In the new window, you have to select ‘Printer’ and then mark a tick to ‘Use Printer Online’.
How Do I Fix My Printer Offline Windows 10?
An offline printer indicates that it is not capable of communicating with your computer system. You should immediately resolve printer offline error as it could lead to creating a serious problem. For the correct resolution, you should follow these measures carefully:
- First of all, ensure the network cable and USB capable is properly working.
- Then, reboot your printing device.
- After that, you should wipe out the print jobs.
- If still getting the same result, just remove and reinstall your printer.
Why Does My Printer Keep Saying Its Offline?
There can be numerous numbers of reasons which trigger printer offline problems. To avoid such kind of problems, you should first check out the connections by unplugging and re-plugging the USB. Apart from that, you will have to consider removing the printer and then reinstall the printer. Doing so will effectively eradicate the whole host of such problems in a couple of seconds. If the same problem still occurs, you should make use of the expert’s backing to get rid of such errors.
Why Does My Printer Keep Going Offline?
- To resolve such kind of offline errors, you should press the ‘Start’ button.
- Go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Right-click the printer which keeps going offline.
- Select the ‘See What’s Printing’ which will open the print spooler window.
- Click the ‘Printer’ option.
- Remove the tick to uncheck the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option.
Therefore, it will surely provide you with the proper solution to your offline problems completely from the root.
How Do I Stop My HP Printer From Going Offline?
Are you getting an offline error message on your HP printer? If your device is showing an offline message, it is a simple and straightforward indication that there is a communication problem. Your printing device is completely unable to communicate with your computer system. You should simply check the connection and change setting to the ‘Use Printer Online’ option. In addition, you will also have to uninstall and then reinstall your printer to resolve such problems. Besides, if you still face the same, you should quickly get the right guidance from the professionals at anytime.
Why Does My Printer Go Offline In Windows 10?
- Navigate to the ‘Start’ menu and open the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- reach out to the ‘Printers’ section.
- Your default printer appears, just right-click on it.
- You will have to choose the option says ‘See What’s Printing’.
- Select the print queue and then you need to remove the unfinished tasks.
- Choose the ‘Printer’ option and then uncheck ‘Use Printer Offline’.
You will be able to fix such kind of offline problems directly from the root and have an error-free experience.
HP Printer Keeps Going Offline Windows 10
If you are one of those who are getting the offline message while working on the printer, it means your device is unable to communicate with your computer system. There can be several reasons, from the incorrect setting to the connection error. Simply put, you can easily resolve offline printer problems by just removing and reinstalling your printer. Besides, you will have to clear out the print jobs from the queue so that you could resolve your problems.