How To Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer?
HP Printer is the famous printing machine for smooth and quality prints. Sometimes, when you select several pages from the documents to print, PCL XL Error may occur. This mainly arises if there is lack of connection between your system and printer and printer driver gets outdated. In terms of effectively sorting such problem out, you have to go with the instructed points listed in this post. Furthermore, you can contact with tech-savvy as they will teach you on how to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer without even putting much effort.
What Does PCL XL Error Mean?
PCL stands for Printer Command Language whereas XL signifies the improved version of PCL. Hence, the combined form known as PCL XL and the error with it appears when the printer gives a single sheet of paper. So, the incompatibility of this version with the device or communication problem can be the basic cause of this issue. Despite changing your document, try out the fixing guidelines mentioned in this blog to bypass the error code soon and continue printing of multiple documents without even any interruption.
Solutions To Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer
If you confront PCL XL Error Printer problem, stop looking here and there and waste your time. Just try out the given solutions one after another in a right way to resolve the error. Let’s begin the process!
Solution 1: Rename The Files Related With Your Printer
Hopefully, renaming the files resolve the PCL XL Error. To perform this, follow the steps noted beneath:
- First, open File Explorer Window in your computer
- Next, go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3
- Under this folder, filter the file type with the .gpd extension by clicking down arrow next to Type button
- Then select GPD File
- And rename all these files one-by-one with .gpd extension. Before renaming these files, it’s recommended to backup first so that none of your documents will be misplaced or not configured
- Save your changes whatever you made and then restart your system
Now, try printing again to check if the PCL XL Error is fixed. In case, the same error persists, continue further solution.
Solution 2: Make Your Printer Driver Up-To-Date
Non-upgrading printer driver sometimes create trouble in printing anything. Outdated printer driver in your computer can cause PCL XL Error. To rule it out as the cause for your PCL XL Error on HP Printer, you should update your printer driver to the latest version.
There are two ways to update your drivers: manually and automatically.
- Manually Update Driver: To manually update your printer driver, download the latest upgraded version of your drivers from the manufacturing site and installing it in your PC.
- Automatically Update Driver: Use third-party application to make the printer driver up-to-date automatically.
Once you have updated your driver, use your HP printer to print again and see if it works. If still not! Continue following the next solution.
Solution 3: Change Your Printing Settings
The incorrect or inappropriate configuration of your printing can be regarded as one of the possible reasons for PCL XL Error. Therefore, change the printing parameters to fix such problem at an instant. Here’s what you need to perform:
- First, open Control Panel in your Window screen, and ensure to view by large icons or small icons
- Then, Click “Devices and Printers” tab
- Right click on your printer that is having the PCL XL Error, and select Printing preferences
- Click the “Advanced” tab
- Change “TrueType Font” to Download as Softfont, and set Send True Type as Bitmap to Enabled
- Click “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes
- Restart your computer and turn-on your printer
Check if the PCL XL Error has been eradicated or else still persisting.
Obtain Cost-effective HP Support For Instant Solution
Don’t feel helpless if you find the above information not pretty much helpful in annihilating PCL XL Error Printer. We have tech-geeks for your better support. Contact them directly by placing a call at helpline number. They proffer reliable HP Support in order to sort out your printer related problematic error in a second. Their empirical guidance will gonna very much effective in a way to resolve your problem. Hence, without any delay give a call.