HP is one of the top-most brands launching many different devices including printing machine. However, HP Printer is being preferred by many people just because of its quality print and durability. The HP printer is used for personal as well as professional work as it is easy to access. Though, it is also the fact that just plugging the new printer into the computer doesn’t mean you can print. The printer will only function well or you can print freely only when you download and install the accurate printer driver and software. The printer driver translates your computer data into a format that your printer can understand and deliver the selected printouts. But if your printer is not working after a while, then it means the HP Printer Driver gets outdated and hence need to install the newest version of driver. This post is for HP Printer Driver Update for Windows. Read it out from top-to-toe carefully and try to update your driver soon so that you can again start print job.
If you have recently taken a new HP Printer in your home, then you are first required to connect your printer to your computer system and then start performing HP Printer Setup correctly. Here, you will be guided how to setup your printer more conveniently.
Required Methods For HP Printer Driver Update for Windows
In the below-noted instructions, we provide couple of right ways of Printer Driver Update for Windows. Let’s go through one-by-one appropriately:
Method 1: Use Device Manager For HP Printer Driver Update
Continuously follow the given guidelines for updating your printer driver in operating device with the use of Device Manager. Let’s begin:
- First, go to “Device Manager” by opening the Run dialog box on your Windows and typing “devmgmt.msc” in the search dialog box
- Now, click the option “Print Queues” or “Printer” to expand the category
- Under this category, place a right-click on the HP printer that is listed
- Then, click “Update Driver” on the menu
- Click “Search automatically” for updated driver software
If the driver is already up-to-date, you will be informed that “The best driver software for your device is already installed”. So then you don’t need to update the HP print driver.
- After installation of printer driver, restart your PC for the changes to be fully implemented.
If this didn’t work for HP Printer Driver Update, then try another method mentioned below.
Method 2: Download HP Printer Driver Manually
Update your HP Printer Driver via HP Support site. The guidelines for the same are noted beneath, have a glimpse:
- The very beginning you should know a few details about your printer like its Product Name & Model ID, and what is your Windows operating system. Make sure both the devices are compatible.
- One you have located these items on your printer, you are now required to visit the HP support website on your Windows PC
- Then after, have to navigate the HP Support site to find the Printer Drivers section
- Once you find the correct section of the site, you will have to run a search for your HP Printer model
- If the HP support site seriously finds your exact printer, then the printer driver page will be loaded. You will then need to find the correct driver install package for your Windows Operating system
- Once the driver file is downloaded, search for the .exe (executable) you received from HP and give a right-click on it to run or place double-tab on the file
- Go through the on-screen prompted instructions accordingly to finish the installation process get started to print hassle-freely
If none of the two above methods work-out for HP Printer Setup; or if you don’t have the patience, time, or computer skills, to update your printer driver manually, then yes my friend! it is possible to do it automatically as well.
Method 3: Update Your Printer Driver With Windows Update
To do this most conveniently, follow the below-instructed lines:
- Restart your computer first so you can assure that any prior updates have been correctly installed
- Press the “Windows” key and search for and open “Check for updates”
- If any updates are available, they should begin installing automatically – otherwise, you can click “Download” to begin the installation
- However, You can also adjust your Windows Update Settings to get the driver updated automatically
Was This Information Fruitful?
If the above information for HP Printer Driver Update is not beneficial for you, then don’t worry! We are here to provide one-stop support. Just be in touch and follow the directions given by me. Within a limited time you can update your printer driver and fix all common printer problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Get A Driver For My Printer?
First of all, you need to click on the ‘Drivers” link directly from the manufacturer’s website. Choose the Printer category section where you will have to enter your model number. After that, you should select the type of printer you want a driver for. Here, you will have to click on the “Download Drivers’ option and wait untill the installation process is over. You need to click the ‘Save’ option to save the downloaded drivers in your computer system. Besides, you can also make use of the expert’s backing to fetch the correct guidance.
How Do You Update Printer Drivers?
Check out the process and implement it in a step by step manner:
- Go to your ‘Device Manager’ by type-in the device manager in the search box of the ‘Start’ menu.
- Right-click on the ‘Printer’ to choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Click on the ‘Driver’ tab and then reach out to the ‘Update Driver’option to start updating the driver.
You should make a habit of updating the printer drivers on a regular basis. Further, if you face any kind of problems, you should approach the professionals who can direct you regarding the same.
How Do I Update My Hp Printer Driver?
The process of updating HP printer drivers is very easy. What you need to do is to open the ‘Start’ menu and type in the Device Manager. When you come across the ‘Device Manager’ option and you need to right-click on the print. It will open a drop-down menu where you need to select the ‘Properties’ option. Here, you will come to see ‘Update Driver’ option under the ‘Driver’ tab and you need to click on it to update the printer drivers.
How Do I Know If My Hp Drivers Are Up To Date?
To know whether your HP printer drivers are up-to-date or not, you should simply access to HP Support Assistant. After that, you will have to go to ‘My Devices’ tab and click on the ‘Update’ option. Here, you will come across an option says ‘Check for Updates and Messages’. Once you click on the same, you will be able to get the latest updates. Moreover, you can also get the guidance and assistance regarding the same directly from the professionals.
How Do You Update A Printer?
Below are the steps that you should implement carefully:
- Press the ‘Start’ button to open the ‘Start’ menu
- Click on the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Select the properties by right-clicking on the ‘Printer’.
- Navigate to the ‘Driver’ tab and then click on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
Doing so will start updating your printer driver. Moreover, you can also search for up-to-date drivers automatically. In case of any troubles, you should approach a tech expert and ask for help regarding the same.
What Is A Hp Printer Driver?
HP printer drivers help you to let your printer communicate with your computer system. Also, it assists in accomplishing various print jobs in a proper manner. You should keep the fact in mind that you will have to update your printer drivers on a regular basis. Apart from that, if you come across any kind of problems regarding the same, you should approach the troubleshooting professionals. They will help you to download the genuine drivers for the HP printer and install it in a trouble-free manner.
How Do I Know If My Printer Driver Is Installed?
Check out the below operation and implement it in a step by step manner:
- Click the Start button to open the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- In the left corner of the window, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Select the installed printer and choose the ‘Print Server Properties’ option.
- Opt for the ‘Driver’ option and you will be able to see the list of installed drivers of your printer.
Moreover, if you are looking for more detail about the same, you should take expert’s backing at anytime.
How Do I Download A Printer Driver In Windows 10?
First of all, you will have to reach out to the manufacture’s website. Here, you need to go to printer sections and enter the model number of your printer. Make sure the drivers you are going to download are fully compatible with your windows 10. Now, select the ‘Download’ to start downloading the printer drivers. If you are unable to download the printer, you should take the advice directly from the experts. With their supervision, you can get the right solution to what you are looking for.
How Do I Install A Printer Driver On Windows 7?
- Once you download the printer driver, you should go to the folder.
- Here, Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- After that, you should click on the ‘OK’ option and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Now, you will have to click on the ‘Install’ option.
- Wait till it completes and then click on the ‘Finish’ option.
You will be able to install the printer drivers on your Windows 7 and you can start working on it.
How Do I Download My Printer Driver?
- To do so, you should go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Navigate to the ‘Driver’ section.
- Enter the model number of your printer.
- Click the ‘Download’ option and make sure that these drivers are compatible with your operating system.
- Once done, you will have to save the downloaded files in your computer system.
Besides, if you are running into any kind of problems while downloading the drivers, you should approach a professional team. Here, you can get the right kind of guidance regarding the same, in a trouble-free manner.