HP JumpStart is a software application already been installed in HP PCs, laptops, Notebooks and more HP devices as it is developed by HP. It is just like HP Solutions Framework which is specifically launched for helping the candidates who are using HP device and confronting any kind of common technical glitches. The program HP JumpStart guides you through various other ways to personalize your PC and install applications.
What Is HP JumpStart Used For?
HP JumpStart is mainly used for HP Registration, McAfee registration, HP Dropbox offer activation, and an HP JumpStart Concierge screen. In the current era, it is only available in the English language. You will experience using this software orderly basis as second, third, and subsequent times HP JumpStart is launched.
- At the time of second launch of HP JumpStart, you only see HP registration, the HP JumpStart Concierge screen and the exit screen.
- While the third and subsequent launches of the HP JumpStart, you only see HP JumpStart Concierge screen and the exit screen.
Note: Those screens won’t be displayed if your computer is already registered or having McAfee subscription. In order to directly see the HP Dropbox offer activation screen or the Concierge screen, you have to be online.
The latest upgraded launch of the HP JumpStart program is 126.96.36.199 and around 98% of all installations using this version. During setup, the program registers itself to launch on boot via Windows Schedule Task in order to automatically start-up. The setup package generally installs two files containing about 688 KB (704,512 bytes). The users having this program installed on their PCs are mostly finding that they are running Windows 10 and Windows 7 (SPI). Whereas around 80% of users of HP JumpStart Launch come from the United States, it is also popular in Italy and United Kingdom.
How To Start Using HP JumpStart on HP Laptop?
You can go through the below-guided instructions to learn on how exactly HP JumpStart application is been used in HP laptop. Let’s follow the given procedures one-by-one:
Process 1: Open Jump Start From Start Menu
Here is what you need to perform for launching this application on Windows:
- First and foremost, go to the Start menu in your system and click HP Jumpstart tile to open the app. The JumpStart tile is live which means that it interchanges between the main tile and messaging tiles.
- You can also open JumpStart from the Windows 10 Start menu.
- Now, it opens to a welcome screen along with the multiple ranges of other introductory screens.
Process 2: HP Registration
- Once you have opened the HP JumpStart program, then you can proceed with the HP registration process. When the HP registration screen displays, make complete registration with HP to avail more fruitful support and instant service.
- Fulfil the registration form properly and then tap “Register” button. You may even also skip to register later if you don’t have much time or want to register later.
- If you skip now, you can get back to the screen by accessing the HP JumpStart tile in the Start menu.
- If you are online but the HP server is down or offline during the initial launch, HP JumpStart closes. Click “Thanks, I’ll come back later” link.
Process 3: Create A Dropbox Account
In the next step, you are suggested to create a dropbox account.
- With Dropbox, you can access and share files anywhere. Your new HP computer comes with 25 GB of Dropbox space free for 12 months for new Dropbox users.
- In case you are offline, the Dropbox screen does not display. Therefore, make sure you are online for the Dropbox account creation.
- To create an account and activate the HP Dropbox offer, fulfil the form and click “Create an account” tab.
- If you do not want to sign up for Dropbox now, you can click “Skip” button. You can return to this screen by accessing the HP JumpStart tile in the Start menu.
Process 4: Register Your McAfee Product
In the next pane, McAfee screen displays where you have to register your McAfee security product by fulfilling the registration form. While it is not necessary to register for using the app, but it is recommended. Registering lets you observe and manage your account details and access downloads to reinstall your subscription services.
- If you want to sign up for McAfee LiveSafe, provide your email address in the box and click “Register” button.
- If you do not want to sign up for McAfee LiveSafe now, click “Skip”. You can register whenever you want from within the McAfee security app. You can also return to this screen by accessing the HP JumpStart tile in the Start menu.
Process 5: Install The App
- In the next pane, the App screen displays.
- Select the apps you want to install from the listed applications and then click “Continue & Install” button from the bottom right-corner of the page.
- The window “Apps Installing” pops-up where you have click “OK” tab for finally getting the selected applications download and install in PC.
Process 6: Check The App Install Status on Concierge Screen
Once you download and install the applications, in the next pane the Concierge screen displays. Here, you can see the App Install Status by following steps:
- Click “Download” tab from the upper left-corner of the Concierge Screen
- The App Install Status screen displays showing the download status. Once you check the status, click “Done” in the lower-right corner of the screen to get back to the Concierge screen
- The Concierge screen displays showing information to assist you get ideas about and personalize your computer, and get tips, tricks, and advice. Scroll down the list to see more options. These links might vary by device and might change over time.
Process 7: Install More Apps
If you want to install more apps, follow the given points:
- In the Jumpstart Concierge screen, click on “Get More Apps” button located in the upper-left corner
- After clicking on “Get More Apps”, the App screen displays, showing all the available apps. You have to scroll down to see all of them
- Afterward, choose the additional apps you want to install and tap “Continue & Install” button
- Then click “OK” tab on the Apps installing screen to return to the Concierge screen
- If you choose not to install any more apps right now, click “Continue” to return to the Concierge screen
- In the Concierge screen, click a tile to get more information about topic
- If you want to end the process, click on the link “Thanks, I’ll come back later” in the lower-right corner. You can return to this screen by accessing the HP JumpStart tile in the Start menu
- When the exit screen displays, click “Ok, Got it!” to close the HP JumpStart app
Contact To Tech-savvy For Reliable HP Support
If you are not satisfied with the information provided in this blog about What Is HP JumpStart, then don’t worry! We have technical team of highly expert techies for better HP Support. Therefore, place a call on the given helpline number anytime as it is accessible round the clock and stay connected for the superior advice.