Are you also one of those users who are having problem with their HP printer? Does your printer keeps on fluctuating between online and offline even though it is well connected to the system as well as power supply? Don’t worry, you can easily fix Printer Says Offline error by simply checking out some small details and making them right. This error is generally represented as an exclamation inside a triangle that says printer is offline.
There can be many insignificant issues behind this error and you should check each one of them to recognize the main culprit behind this.
Here is the list of errors:
- No proper connection
- Damaged or empty cartridge issue
- Paper jamming as well as clogging
- Some trouble in network
Whatever the reason behind this error, you need to resolve it anyhow if you want to utilize your printer fully. So, follow the below mentioned steps to overcome printer offline error.
The best possible methods to fix offline issue of printer:
To check connectivity use the HP print and scan doctor
- Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your windows operating system.
- Launch HP Print and Scan Doctor, tap on Start, and then go for your printer.
- If screen displays turn on printer updates, then simply click yes and continue.
- If it says make your printer the default printer then also click yes and continue further steps.
This should fix your problem; if not then go on to the next step to fix offline issue.
Try resetting the print environment
Resetting your printer or printing environment can help to restore the connection between printer and device you are printing from.
- Turn off your printer as well as device you are printing from, wait for about 10 seconds and then disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
- Connect the printer power cord and turn on the printer as well as computer.
- Reconnect the cable between printer and computer to make proper connection
Now, try to print, if problem is resolved then you are done otherwise follow the next step
Set the default printer as it may get changed automatically:
- Search for devices in the search bar of windows
- Click on the devices and printers to open it from the searching results list.
- Search for your printer and then right-click on it
- Choose set as default printer and then try to print a test page.
If you are getting proper print or able to print at all, then you are good to go. If your HP Printer Offline error still remains as before, then we advise you to take online support from an expert. With their proper guidance you will be able to eradicate offline error of printer within minimum span of time.