Despite being the most effective and most demanding printing machine, HP Printers have technical errors as well. However, the situation can be more frustrating, especially when you are being prevented from printing any document. You can be wandering for the comprehensive HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide at such a point in time. Fortunately, you have finally landed on the right page. The blog-post has discussed the most efficient solving methods which will be beneficial in diagnosing all HP Printer Problems. Thus, without any delay, let’s read the content carefully from top-to-toe. It is guaranteed; using the specified solutions you can make your problem easily sorted out.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Techniques For:
There are numerous HP Printer Issues that arisen most of the time when printing some of the important documents. The problems however can confront due to several reasons ranging from connectivity issues to faulty drivers. We provide quality support for the following:
- HP Printer setup issue.
- Wireless HP printer issue.
- HP Printer Is Offline problem.
- Not Printing the color/black ink issue.
- HP Printer Won’t Print issues after Windows 10 update.
- Print job stuck in the print queue problem.
- Paper jamming error.
- Printer cartridge issue.
- Receiving faded printouts.
- Toner smudges problem.
- The issue with the driver installed against your printer.
- Can’t find the printer driver for the specified OS.
- Not printing anything from the expected paper tray.
How To Troubleshoot Printer Problems?
The HP Printer Problems can be instantly exterminated just after you check the cable connection and ensure that they are properly connected. Moreover, slightly removing the jammed paper from the paper tray could also fix your problems.
Productive HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide in Different Methods
There are solutions to all sorts of problems that usually occur in HP printers. The quick and easy HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide for the most common printer problems is stated in the below section. So, stop being worried if experiencing any kind of printer-related problems. Some useful tips are enumerated here. Let’s start following one-after-another provided guidelines:
Tips 1: Make Sure Your HP Printer Is Set As Default
If you are using an HP Printer for printing purposes, then it is essential to set it as the default printer. You are highly advised to check your printer for the stability selection at ‘Set as Default Printer. Here is what to perform:
- Open the “Run” dialog box on the Windows screen
- Type “Control Panel” in the search field
- Afterward, select the “Devices and Printers” option
- The list of the printer will be shown on the next screen
- From the opened-list, select the icon named HP Printer and give a right-click on it
- Now, from the given different options just select the “Set as default” option
- Once you seriously end-up the above directives, you can see a green tick below your printer icon. This informs you that your HP Printer is successfully setup as the default printer.
Thus, the HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide is completed. You can print now!
Tips 2: Check The Printer Connection
If the connection has been lost in between the HP printer and your computer, then there would be a high chance of the HP Printer Not Working. So, it is our suggestion to before start printing any documents, make sure the cables are well-associated with the printer and system.
Tips 3: Up-To-Date Drivers Using HP Driver Easy Application
If you are still looking for How To Troubleshoot Printer problems, then the best solution is to update the faulty driver. Updating or reinstalling your printer driver can fix many common printer problems. Let’s do it without wasting a single minute:
- First, open the Windows Search bar and type the “Run” command
- Once the Run Window pops-up, type in “devmgmt.msc’ the dialog box and then hit the “OK” tab
- A “Windows device manager” option will be shown on the screen.
- You will have to enlarge the category of the “Print Queues” option by placing a double-tap on it
- In the next step, Right-click on the listed printer name under this category and then place a single tap on “Update Driver” from the list of options
- At last wait for the update download to finish and thereafter go through the instructed lines displayed on the screen.
Now print a test page to check if the HP Printer Troubleshoot tips lend you a hand or not. If your problem yet exists, move to the next troubleshooting method.
Tips 4: Check And Troubleshoot HP Printer Spooler Error
The HP Printer Print Spooler helps the PC to effort-freely converse with the printer. Such a spooler service also helps in managing the print jobs that were stuck in the queue. When your printer is not allowed to accept the print commands, a ‘printer spooler error’ message may appear. In order to rectify this error, you simply have to follow the given course of action:
- First of all close all the current running program on Windows
- Next, navigate to the “Start” button > Type “Administrative Tools” in the search field > then click “Services”
- Now, scroll down the list for the “Print Spooler” option. Once you find it, place a right-click and then select “Stop”.
- Afterward, navigate to the “My Computer” tab & give double-tap on the ‘Local Disk (C:)’ option
- Thereafter, select the “Windows” folder.
- Navigate to ‘System32’ folder > ‘spool’ > ‘Printers’
- Instantly remove all the print jobs present in this folder.
- Go back to ‘Services,’ and Search for ‘print spooler’. Place a right-click on it and then select the ‘Start’ option.
- Now start printing a test page as restarting the spooler maybe a permanent solution to your HP Printer Error.
Not satisfied with this HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide? Don’t panic! We have other fixes for you. Let’s move to the next solving tips.
Tips 5: Cancel The Previous Print Command Traffic
Many times the HP printer stops printing all of sudden just because of the queue of previous print commands. That’s why it is compulsory to immediately clear the previous stuck commands and then re-command the printer once more. Here are the right procedures to clear the previous queue of the print command. Let’s do it:
- Place a single tap on the “Start” button and then type “Control panel” in the search box
- Once the Control Panel windows appear, select “Device And Printers”.
- Place a right-click on the “HP printer” icon and then choose the ‘What’s printing’ option.
- Now to cancel the previous print command traffic, open the ‘printer’ menu and then select ‘cancel all documents’.
- Click ‘Yes’ just for confirmation.
Once you end-up the above noted HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide, proceed with the printing task. If still having any printer problems, continue following the next method.
Tips 6: Give An Instant Check For The Printer Hardware Issues
If none of the above HP Printer Troubleshooting methods helped you out in resolving your printer issues, follow the steps given in below section:
- Make sure that your HP printer is loaded with enough quantity of plain white A-4 sized papers, original ink, and toner to flawlessly work with.
- Check your printer for the carriage jam issue. If you find any, then remove the jammed carriage from your printer and then start printing again.
- In general, printer cartridges got outdated, try replacing with a new one.
- Most of the time the difficulty arises due to replaced printer parts. So, you have to always go for the original parts to avoid any HP Printer Problems in the future.
The Basic HP Printer troubleshooting Guide For Windows 10 PC
The HP Troubleshooting steps you need to follow in case of using Windows 10 PC:
- Power Cycle The Printer: Power cycling the printer is the fundamental HP Printers Troubleshooting step. To do it, you simply have to turn off your printer and unplug all the cables connected with the printer. Now, wait for around 30 seconds and thereafter plugging the cables back in and turn on the printer.
- Check Cables For Your Wired And Wireless HP Printers: For the wired printers make sure that all the USB cables are suitably connected to the computer. However, in the case of the wireless printer connection, make sure your printer has a wireless option and it is turned on.
- Check For The Latest Printer Driver: An outdated or corrupt printer driver may lead to the Printer Not Working type of problematic issue. For that reason only, make sure that the latest and most upgraded version of the printer driver is in operation. If the driver installed against your printer on Windows 10 PC has outdated, Follow the given guidelines accordingly:
- First and forecast, let’s download and install the HP Driver Easy application on your Windows 10 PC.
- Thereafter, open the downloaded file and select the “Scan Now” tab. Wait patiently till the software scans your system for any technical errors.
- Now to download the current version of the driver for your printer you simply have to give a click on the “Update” option. You can see this option just next to the HP printer in the driver easy screen.
- Now, follow the prompts to instantly make the driver up-to-date.
The Basic HP Printer troubleshooting Steps For Mac OS Users
We have enumerated some basic and copious HP Printer troubleshooting Guide Mac users to solve printer problems. Go through the following steps consecutively:
- Check The Internet Connection Running On Mac.Before going into any deeper HP Troubleshooting steps, you must check the Mac device for a strong internet connection. Although a steady connection for an uninterrupted printer will be functioning smoothly. Furthermore, you also have to ensure that both ends of the USB cable are properly inserted. If the cable is defective or any fault in the cable, you may try using a different cable.
- Check Whether The Printer Is Ready:To check if the printer is ready to be functioning well, simply follow the given instructive points:
- Press the “Power” button on your HP Printer device.
- Make sure that the printer has limited paper in the paper tray, proper ink and toner cartridges are installed.
- Restart the printer and wait for a couple of minutes till it is ready to print.
- Reset The HP Printer: In order to hassle-freely reset your printer, follow the below steps one-by-one:
- First, choose the ‘System Preferences’ option from the Apple menu.
- In the next step, give a click on the “Printers and Scanners” tab.
- Thereafter, make a right-click on the printers Window and then click “Reset Printing System”.
- Now, opt for the “Rest” option from the verification window.
- Finally, click ‘OK’ once you have entered the Administrator’s name and password correctly.
Contact HP Printer Support Team Online For Advance Fixing Tips
We have made so much effort in serving you the finest as well as top-quality HP Printer troubleshooting Guide. So, you are strongly recommended to perform all of the above-written fixing guidelines stepwise. The information may be valuable for you and hence you can annihilate your printer problems soon. If in case you are not contented with the proffered directed lines, don’t feel blue! The highly talented and well-educated HP Printer Support team is 24/7 available for your better help. You only have to give a ring at the helpline number and stay united with the topmost tech-geeks. It is a surety that you will obtain a doorstep solution without any kind of interpretation. Our technicians dedicatedly workday tonight so that they can deliver the top-notch service within your budget only.