HP Printers are all over world famous device for printing, scanning, and faxing purposes. Many people prefer using printers of this brand because of its budget-friendly and quality-prints solution. It has several astounding features that make your print job ease and smooth. However, that doesn’t mean you cannot face any kind of technical problems while printing documents, images or other necessary files. In fact, there are times when HP Printer Not Responding when you give a Print command on Windows or MacOS. In such a situation, it will be complete worthless to be frustrating, just try searching effective solution to fix it. Luckily, you are at right page as numerous distinctive troubleshooting methods are discussed here. Let’s read it out!
- Why Is My Printer Not Responding?
- What To Do When Wireless Printer Not Responding?
- Causes Of The Occurrence Of HP Printer Not Responding Issue
- Solutions To Fix HP Printer Not Responding Issue
- Solutions To Fix Printer Is Not Responding Mac
- Obtain HP Support Assistance Anytime From Our Tech-Savvy
Why Is My Printer Not Responding?
During printing, the computer thinks that your printer is offline which is why Printer Not Responding error occurs. Furthermore, improper cable connection or paper-jam is also been the possible reason for which your printer doesn’t work or respond. Additionally, missing or corrupt printer drivers can also stop your printer to be responding.
What To Do When Wireless Printer Not Responding?
However, when the Wireless Printer Not Responding while printing, check that the printer is well-connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. If there is a Wi-Fi network issue, then it’s guaranteed that your printer doesn’t print. That’s why, check it very seriously and confirm that everything is all right.
Causes Of The Occurrence Of HP Printer Not Responding Issue
Several realistic factors are responsible for Printer Is Not Responding error issue. A few of them are enumerated below. Checkout once:
- Defective USB cable.
- Loose cable connection.
- A Printer is not tightly connected to the system.
- Inappropriate or incomplete installation of printer software.
- The printer driver installed in PC might be missing which may further lead to My Printer Is Not Responding.
- The driver might be corrupt or damaged.
- Insufficient papers are most probably loaded in printer tray.
- Ink cartridge is out of stock.
Solutions To Fix HP Printer Not Responding Issue
We have outlined genuine and effectual fixing ways to get rid of the HP Printer Not Responding error. Therefore, implement the following solving methods one by one until the problem gets disappeared from the root. Let’s begin:
Solution 1: Verify The Printer Connections
Whenever you see the HP Printer Won’t Print error message, you should immediately check and verify the printer connection. Most of the time, such an issue arises due to a connectivity issue. Here’s what you need to perform:
- First, shut down your PC, turn off your HP printer and other external components as well attached to it.
- Now, unplug all the cables and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Attach all the cables properly now and restart your computer.
- Wait for your printer to inactive and silent.
- Also, you can test your printer by connecting it to another system.
- Check the entire cables that are used for connecting the devices. Make sure cables are appropriately plugged in.
- If in case, the printer connects via a USB port, try connecting it with another USB port.
If yet the HP Printer Not Responding, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reboot The Print Spooler Service
To print with no hindrance, Windows relies on Print Spooler service. But some certain issues with this service can also trigger the Printer Not Responding error. And, restarting the spooler service can probably resolve the printer problems and everything will start working again. So, follow the below-instructed points to do the same:
- Press Windows Key + R together to invoke the Run command.
- Type in “services.msc” the search field.
- Now, hit “Enter” or tap the “OK” button.
- After doing so the Services window opens.
- Locate the “Print Spooler” option from the given list and then give a double-click on this tab.
- Now, open the “Properties” window by placing a single click on it.
- Afterward, set the Startup type to “Automatic” and select the “Start” button to start the service.
- If the service is not running well, click the “Stop” button present under the System Status tab. And then click “OK”.
- Now, wait for a couple of minutes and then again tap the “Start” button.
- Now, reboot your system to see if the Printer Is Not Responding error has been solved or not.
Use the next solution if the above one doesn’t work.
Solution 3: Make Sure The Printer Is Accurately Configured
Here’s how to check it out:
- First, open Control Panel on your Windows Desktop.
- Now, go to the “Devices and Printers” section.
- Find your printer from the list of printers; place a right-click on it.
- Now, choose the “Printer properties” tab.
- Go to the “Ports” tab.
- Make sure, the correct port is chosen.
- Now, click “Apply” and “OK” to finally save the changes.
After making all these basic adjustments, check if the printer is responding or yet not. If the same problem still persists, go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Reinstall The Printer Driver
When the Printer Is Not Responding till now, then try reinstalling the printer driver. Here’s how to do so:
- First, press the “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard to evolve the Run command.
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” into the Run dialog box and hit “Enter”.
- Expand the Printers category. Then choose the printer you are using and place a right-click on it.
- Now, select “Uninstall device”.
- Give a check to the option “Delete the driver software for this device”, and then click “Uninstall” to confirm.
- Now, the Printers category has been removed.
- Further, reinstall the latest release printer driver via the manufacturer’s site.
Once you have the upgraded version of printer driver in your PC, your printer will start responding. But if unfortunately, yet it is not working, move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Select Your Printer As A Default Printer
If your printer is not selected as default one, then the HP Printer Not Responding error will definitely occur. So, check it out first and ensure that it is opted for a default one. If not, follow the given steps:
- First, open the Cortana Search Box on your Windows system and enter default printer into the search field.
- Now, select “Change default printer” to directly open the window.
- Now, at the bottom left of that window, you can see the option “Let Windows manage my default printer”. If this option is on, then switch it off by shuffling the button.
- Now, from the Control Panel, go to the “Devices and Printers” tab. And make sure a green tick is highlighted to your default printer. Alternatively, you can right-click on the printer and select the “Set as default printer” option.
HP Printer Not Responding on Windows problem will now be annihilated from the root. In the next section, we will see how to fix the same problem appears on MacOS. So, continue reading!
Solutions To Fix Printer Is Not Responding Mac
We will walk you through the productive course of actions so you can easily fix Printer Not Responding Mac. Simply, try the following stepwise methods to solve it:
Solution 1: Reset The Printer/Network Connection
- First, turn off your printer, wait for a minute at least and then turn it on to resume the operation.
- Print a test page to check if the HP Printer Not Responding on Mac issue has been rectified. If it is yet not, proceed to the next step:
- Go to the “Apple” menu.
- Select the “System Preferences” option from the given list. Doing so a new window with the same name appears.
- Under the “Hardware” section, click the “Print & Scan” tab.
- Now, place a right-click anywhere onto your Printers window display and press the “Reset Printing System” tab.
- Now, tap the “Reset” button in the confirmation wizard.
- After doing so Admin prompt may appear on the screen.
- Next, you will have to enter your Admin id and password correctly.
- Then, click the “OK” button on the wizard.
- Finally, press the “Reset” button.
After resetting the printer, Printer Not Responding Mac error might have been resolved. But if yet not, use the next solving guide.
Solution 2: Check The USB Connection
Make sure the USB cable is not damaged otherwise you can face the Printer Not Responding error. Also, you have to ensure that it is securely connected to the ports of both printer and the Apple device. Always prefer USB cable 2.0 while connecting the devices. Once you connect that, follow the below-noted steps :
- Once the cable is connected properly, select the “System Preference” option from the menu.
- Now, under the “Hardware” section, click the option ‘Print & Scan’.
- Wait for the system to identify the target printer.
- Now, select your exact Printer model and hit the “Add” button to successfully add your printer in the printer list.
- At the end, print a test page to see if your printer is functioning well.
I think you got your answer now to your query How To Fix Printer Not Responding on Windows or MacOS.
Obtain HP Support Assistance Anytime From Our Tech-Savvy
If you are still experiencing the HP Printer Not Responding issue even after precisely executed the aforementioned guidelines, contact us. We are deft connoisseurs working dedicatedly day to night to serve you one-stop HP Support at your doorstep. So, feel free to call us at the 24/7 accessible helpline number and get united with us. After following our guidance, it is 100% surety that your printer will start functioning well.