HP laptop has an inbuilt microphone with good quality features. Microphone is used to amplify the human voice to address larger groups of people. It is very useful to record sound, provide speech recognition features, and also used to speak with friends, families and colleagues.
But a bit of a strange problem you might face is that the microphone is not picking up sound in applications. When you update your Windows operating system to Windows 10, you find that Microphone Not Working Windows 10 and due to this hurdle you might be pulling your hairs. Apart from this updating reason, there are various more reasons due to which you come across such problematic situation. Due to incorrect driver installed, issues with Windows operating system, hardware problems, etc. These are the basic causes for which you are experiencing the same problem.
Solutions To Fix HP Laptop Microphone Not Working Issues
Here is the list of easiest and fruitful methods you can apply on your own to fix the issues. Have a glance at generic provided solution:
- First and forecast, you have to check the microphone setting. To check that, give a right click on the Sound icon and then select recording devices from the given list. Now, once the Sound window opens-up, tap on “Microphone”. After completing this procedure, the Microphone might be working now. But if it is yet not working, then jump to the next step.
- Now, what you should do is to click on the “Properties” option of the microphone, and ensure the device is enabled. After that, check the sounds level and increase the volume of the microphone to high i.e. 100. Now, click on the “Advanced” tab and make sure that the options are applied successfully.
- Another troubleshooting method is to check the audio driver whether it is updated or not. In case, the audio driver is not upgraded, immediately download the latest audio driver and install it in your system. In some cases, the audio driver is damaged, so use the Microsoft system to restore the drivers before it fails.
- Although, you can restart your computer and then use Microphone as sometimes restarting method may resolve many basic problems. That’s why, try this out.
Obtain Trustworthy HP Support For One-Stop Remedy
Are you yet noticing your HP laptop microphone not working? Have you walked through each and every above mentioned step? Don’t you know what to do next so that the problem gets easily sorted out? Here, we are recommended you to instantly put a call at HP Support Number and get associated with qualified techies hassle-freely. They will provide you cost-effective solution in an effortless manner. You will surely be obliged with our service as it is the best.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Fix My Microphone On Windows 10?
The process of resolving the Microphone problems on the Windows 10 is as easy as a piece of cake. Simply, you should go to the ‘Start’ menu to navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ option. Here, you need to search and click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option. After that, you also need to navigate to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option. Moving to the next option will also ask you to choose the ‘Troubleshoot Audio Recording’ option. Hereafter, you should click on the ‘Next’ option and your PC will start fixing your problems in a couple of seconds.
How Do I Fix My Headset Microphone Windows 10?
Check out the below-mentioned steps and follow them carefully:
- First of all, you should open the ‘Control Panel’ by going to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Here, you will have to select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Now, you should move to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option.
- In the next window, you will come across the ‘Troubleshoot Audio Recording’ option.
- Click on it and you need to click the button ‘Next’ option.
- Doing so will lead you Windows 10 to detect and repair the on-going hurdles automatically.
How Do I Fix My Mic Not Working?
Are you running into any problems with the Mic? Is your Mic not working properly? Below are some troubleshooting measures that you can easily implement to resolve such troubles conveniently:
- Un-mute your microphone if you muted.
- You also need to set your microphone as a default.
- You should also consider running the ‘Windows Troubleshooter’ option.
- Enable your microphone.
- You also need to update your sound drivers.
- Give a quick restart to your Windows Audio Service.
Take help from the professionals if you are still getting the same kind of problems.
Why Is My Mic Not Working On PC?
Your microphone sometimes denies working on your computer system due to a wide variety of the problems. It might happen if you unknowingly muted the microphone or you accidently set the volume to a minimum. On the other hand, an outdated sound driver might also be the main reason behind the occurrence of such troubles. You should update your drivers and give a quick restart to your windows audio service. After performing the basic troubleshooting measures, you should take help from the professionals.
Why Is My Microphone Not Working Windows 10?
Sometimes, your microphone doesn’t work on Windows 10 due to several sorts of reasons. However, you can easily get rid of such problems but before you start fixing it you should make sure these things. First of all, check if you muted it or disable the microphone unknowingly. After that, you should go to the ‘Setting’ option and then ‘Update & Security’ option. Now, you will have to navigate to the ‘Troubleshoot’ option and select the ‘Recording Audio’ option. Lastly, you should click the ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ option and you will easily resolve such problems easily.
How Do I Enable My Microphone On Windows 10?
First, you need to go to the ‘Sound Settings’ which is available at the bottom right corner of your desktop. You need to right-click on it and choose the ‘Recording Devices’ option by scrolling down the page. Moreover, you will also need to select the option says ‘Recording’ and then right-click on the desired device. Hereafter, you will also come across the ‘Enable’ option that you should click to choose it. Doing so will surely help you to enable your microphone on the windows 10 in a proper manner.
Why Is My Headset Microphone Not Working?
Are you one of those users who are looking forward to getting the solution to you Headset microphone not working? You should check if the sound level of headset microphone is set to the extremely low. However, it can also be possible when you muted the headset microphone. On the other hand, you also need to check if the sound drivers are available. You should consider updating the drivers and check if the same problems still running into your computer system.
Why Isn’t My Microphone Working On My HP Laptop?
Is your microphone not working on your HP laptop? Sometimes, due to numerous numbers of problems, the microphone of your HP laptop denies working properly. You should immediately turn your microphone on if you accidently muted it on your HP laptop. Moreover, if the problems still occur, you should update the sound drivers of your laptop in a proper manner. Apart from that, you should also take the assistance from the professionals if your microphone is still not working.
How Do I Turn On The Microphone On My HP Laptop?
- To turn on your microphone on your HP laptop, you should go to the task bar.
- Here, you will come across the sound icon and then right-click on it to select the ‘Sound Settings’ icon.
- Go down for choosing the ‘Recording Devices’ option and click on the ‘Recording’ option.
- Here, you will see the available device that your need to right-click on the device you want.
- Choose the ‘Enable’ option and you will be able to turn your microphone on.
How Do I Turn On My Microphone On My HP Laptop Windows 10?
If you are making use of the Windows 10, press the Windows key to open the ‘Start’ menu. In the search box, you should type ‘sound’ to choose the ‘Sound’ option. After that, you will have to choose the ‘Recording’ tab. Once done, you need to select the desired microphone from there. Moreover, you also need to go to the ‘Properties’ section and follow the on-screen directions to modify the settings. Here, by performing the above-mentioned steps, you’ll be able to turn on your microphone on your HP laptop windows 10.