HP scanner not working errors include scanner won’t scan, scanner not identified by your computer system or errors pop up when you are using your HP scanner. The main causes for these technical errors are quite different and often hard to recognize. As you can visualize, the connection issue can stop your scanner from connecting to the computer system and the software and services issue in your computer system are the probable causes for this type of technical problem. But do not worry more. We will help you to fix scanner not working on HP. As well, you can get HP Support from knowledgeable technical support experts within few minutes.
Check the Connection Error-
Firstly, your device should be powered on, if you want to use scanner. So, you must check the connection error correctly. If you are using a USB scanner, you need to check USB ports and cables to ensure it works properly.
Enable Windows Image Acquisition service & related services–
Windows image acquisition is a Microsoft model which permits graphics software to communicate with imaging hardware like cameras and scanner. Therefore, you must enable WIA service in your computer system if your scanner prevents working. You need to do something like-
- On your keyboard box, you need to click on windows logo key and “R” at similar time to appeal the run box.
- You need to enter services.msc and click on “OK” button.
- Confirm these services are set to automatic and the service status is running-
- Remote Procedure Call RPC
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Shell Hardware Detection
- In the last, you should save the changes and try scanner once again to see if it works properly.
Update Your HP Scanner Driver-
A missing or outdated HP scanner driver can cause your HP scanner not working properly, therefore you must update your scanner driver up to date. There are 2 methods to update your scanner driver: – manually and automatically.
Update your scanner driver manually- You can go to the website of your scanner manufacturer, find out the latest driver for your scanner and install it in your computer system. It needs time and computer capabilities.
Update Scanner Driver Automatically- If you do not have sufficient time, you can do it automatically with the help of experienced technicians.
Troubleshoot Hardware Issues-
It may be possible that there is something wrong with your scanning machine, therefore you need to run a trouble-shooter in your computer system to fix the error.
- You need to open the control panel in your computer system and view by tinny icons or large icons.
- Click on “Troubleshooting” Button.
- Hit on “Hardware and Sound”.
- Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
- Finally, you need to follow on-screen steps to complete the troubleshooting process and fix the detected error.
- After that, you need to try your scanner again and check it is working properly or not. Still, if you are experiencing this type of error, you can take HP Printer Customer Support Phone Number from technical support executives available round the clock. Online experts are available round the clock to help you for any type of technical error.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Get My HP Scanner To Work?
To start working on your HP scanner, you should connect to your computer system first. For that, you should turn on your scanner and connect it your PC using a USB capable. Now, go to the ‘Start’ menu and type the ‘Scanner’ to open the ‘Add Device’ option. Here, you will come across a Scanner installation wizard and follow the on-screen option to complete the installation. In case of any inconveniences, you should approach the professionals and ask the solution to the problems you face.
How Do I Enable Scan To Computer?
On your very first step, you will have to open the ‘HP Printer Assistant’ option. After that, you should go to the ‘Start’ menu and then click on the ‘All Apps’ option. Here, you will come across ‘HP’ option and then choose the name of your printer. Once you done, you need to navigate to the ‘Scan section’ and then the option states ‘Manage Scan to Computer’. On your last step, you should select the ‘Enable’ option. Doing so will enable the scan to your computer system in a trouble-free manner.
How Do I Get My Scanner To Work?
Before you start scanning any photos or documents, you should make sure you have turned on your computer and scanner. Moreover, you should check the connection and assure its working. Once done, you should place your photograph or document in the document feeder. After that, go to your computer system and search for ‘Devices and Printers’ option. Here, you will come across your scanner that you need to right-click on it. Now, you need to click ‘Start Scan’ option and then click on the ‘OK’ option.
Where Do I Find My Scanned Documents?
Are you looking for the documents you scanned through a scanner? Are you unable to find it out in your computer system? In most cases, documents by default saved in the system’s document folder. When you scan any kind of documents, you can simply navigate to this folder and open the scanned documents. Moreover, if you want to change the folder to save the scanned documents, you should change the by default location. In case of difficulties you face while doing the same, you should approach an engineer who will help you out.
How Do I Get My Scanner To Work On My HP Printer?
Have A Look At The Process To Get Your Scanner Work With Your HP Printer With Ease:
- Go to your computer system.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Navigate o the ‘All Programs’.
- Get access to ‘HP’ folder.
- Look for the ‘HP Solution Center’ and double-click on it.
- Click the ‘Scan Document’.
- Choose the default location in which you want to scan the documents.
- Click on the ‘Scan’ option and then click on the ‘OK’ option.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ option to complete the scanning process.
How Do I Fix HP Printer Validation Failed?
- In Windows, you should go to the start menu first.
- Search for ‘Programs and Features’ and click to open it.
- Choose the ‘HP printer’ option and select the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Afterward, you should search for ‘Devices and Printers’ in the ‘Start’ menu.
- Right-click on the HP Printer to select the ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ option.
- Now, go to the ‘Run’ window by pressing ‘Windows’ key + ‘R’ key together.
- Here, you should type ‘printui.exe /s’ and click on the ‘OK’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Drivers’ tab and seek the ‘HP Printer Driver’
- Just click to ‘Remove’ and select the ‘OK’ option.
- Moving to next will ask you to remove all the same instances.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.
Lastly, close the ‘Devices and Printers’ window and restart your PC.
How Do You Troubleshoot A Scanner Problem?
Below are some fundamental problem-solving approaches that you can implement to resolve the scanner problems:
- First of all, you should check the scanner whether it is working with the computer system or not.
- Besides, you should check the power supply is flawlessly coming to the device.
- Check the cable connection between your computer and the scanner.
- Update the Software if available.
Furthermore, if you are facing the same problems again and again, you should seek troubleshooting solution from a reliable source.
How Do I Know If My Scanner Is Connected?
- To check whether your scanner is working with your computer or not, you should check the following:
- First of all, you need to go to the ‘Start’ menu.
- In the search box, you should type the ‘Device and Printer’.
- Once you click on it, you will come across a list of available scanners on the computer screen.
- Here, you can choose your scanner and work according to your needs and requirements.