Struggling to connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 printer to the computer? Or are you finding the wireless setup problematic? Well, after running through this post, printer installation won’t be a big deal for you.
Officejet pro 6958 Printer series are designed to connect automatically to the wireless network using the WiFi-Direct technique. All it requires is installing the drivers from the HP support website and following the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. Once the setup completes your printer will be ready to print the documents wirelessly, once and for all. However, refreshing the printer with the latest drivers is a never-to-forget task for the whole printer life. Getting a bit complex! Let’s make it simple. Scroll down the post and follow the step-by-step process to complete the Officejet pro 6958 wireless printer setup.
- The shortest and effective way to set up your HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 printer
- Some common mistakes to avoid while printing from HP OfficeJet Pro 6958
- Facing printer driver installation errors? Talk to printer support experts
The shortest and effective way to set up your HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 printer
Step 1. Gather your network name and password
Knowing your network name and password is the first step towards installing the printer at your workplace. Make sure to use the private network as the public connections are not suitable for an efficient printing environment. The network name can be found at the back of your wireless router or you may consult the network provider to get that. Here are some important things to note.
- Ensure using the same network for your computer and HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 printer.
- Your router should have sufficient bandwidth to manage multiple devices on a network.
- Place the router close to your printer and computer. The printing environment should be within 5 feet.
- Restarting the router, printer and computer is a best practice. It helps in resolving the minor technical glitches in these devices.
- Network Name – Here you need to enter the name of the network that you are using.
- Network Password – Enter the using passcode that you have set to access your private network.
- Try to use the stable and high-speed wireless network to install the latest updates or software downloads.
Step 2. Use Wireless Setup Wizard to connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 printer to the network
Wireless Setup Wizard serves the purpose of recognizing the device during installation. Here are the steps that you should take to connect the printer to the network.
- Turn on your HP OfficeJet printer.
- Wait until the display shows “Ready”.
- Now tap the Wirelessbutton on your printer panel.
- Click the Setupicon and then hit the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- You will see the list of available networks on your screen. Choose yours and enter the password in the subsequent field.
- If you do not find the network, then scroll down to the bottom, manually enter the network SSID name and enter the password.
- Click Okon the confirmation window.
- Now your printer will deliver the test printout which will prove the printer is rightly configured.
Step 3. Install the HP OfficeJet 6958 drivers now!
Done with printer-network setup, now it’s time to install the drivers and finish the computer-printer setup. Printer Driver works as a translator between the printer and computer or we should say it makes the printer understand the language of computer commands. Here are the installation steps.
- If you have used the USB cable to establish a connection between the printer and computer, then you must remove it.
- Now navigate to the website www.123.hp.com.
- You will see the Identify my devicesection, enter the printer model and click Submit.
- The list of available software and driver will be displayed on the screen, check them all and click Download.
- Go to the Downloadfolder on your computer, locate the file will HP in their name, and run the driver setup.
- During the installation process, you will be asked to enter the name of your printer or choose from the list.
- Select the printer from the list and click Add Printer.
- Finally, keep following the on-screen instructions to finish the printer installation.
Some common mistakes to avoid while printing from HP OfficeJet Pro 6958
- Do not use non-recommended sheets, torn or worn papers while printing.
- Always keep the HP OfficeJet 6958 pro driver updated to the latest version. HP keeps releasing new updates to fight the bugs and errors.
- If the Driver Unavailablemessage displays then uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers can help.
- Use a stable network to set up your printer.
- Do not connect your printer and computer to the different wireless networks.
- Use the genuine HP components bought from authorized HP retailers or on-line stores.
- Avoid using the public network to set up the wireless connection.
Facing printer driver installation errors? Talk to printer support experts
Tried all these steps but can’t install the drivers! Well, that’s quite a common problem with lots of printer users. The reasons could be many, but the solution is one – call the experts on HP Printer Support helpline number. We provide prompt solutions for HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 driver installation including other printer issues. Contact us today for instant assistance.