How To Fix HP Printer Light Blinking Issue?
HP Printer light blinking issue can occur due to various reasons. If you are also facing this problem with your HP Printer and wondering what’s causing it, then you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we will clear your doubt about “Why is my HP Printer light blinking” and let you know everything about it.
These blinking lights help you know the status of your printer when you send any commands to the printer. You will see these lights flashing and turning off at times that help you know what’s going on with your printer. The information mentioned in this blog is according to the most common HP printers, for example HP Deskjet F4480 or 1515.
When All HP Printer Lights Are Off
In this case, you will notice that no HP Printer lights are blinking. That includes the Power light, Attention light, Ink error indicator, Color ink level icon, Black ink level icon, Segment display counter, and a media error indicator. The only possible cause of this problem is that your printer does not turn on.
Given below, we have mentioned the solutions you should follow to try turning on your printer.
- Check whether the power cord is properly plugged into the rear of the printer.
- Next, check whether the power cord is inserted properly in the power supply.
- Once you have checked all the connections, turn on the printer machine from the power button.
- If the power light turns on, your problem is solved. However, if there’s still no indicator of light anywhere, continue with the next step.
- Unplug the power cord from the main power source and try connecting another appliance.
- If the other appliance also doesn’t work, it means that there’s an issue with the power outlet. You should connect your printer to another outlet that works.
Any temporary issue with your printer should be fixed by following the above checks and solutions. However, in case your problem persists, you should contact HP Printer Support for assistance right away.
What Does It Mean When All Lights Are Flashing On an HP Printer?
All HP Printer light blinking indicates your HP printer is in the error state. You will see the power light, color ink cartridge light, attention light, black ink cartridge light all blinking at the same time. If this is happening to your HP Printer as well, then you must not be able to print anything from your printer. To fix an HP Printer in the error state and stop the HP Printer light from blinking, you should follow the steps below:
- The easiest and the best way to troubleshoot an HP printer in the error state is by resetting your HP printer. So the first step is to unplug the power cord of the printer from the socket.
- Leave the printer unplugged from the socket for at least 15 minutes and then reconnect it.
- Power on your printer from the wall socket as well as the printer power button.
After performing the above-mentioned troubleshoot, you should be able to fix the HP Printer light blinking problem. Try printing something from your printer to confirm if everything is alright. In case your printer is still in an error state, you should connect with our HP Printer Support experts for remote assistance.
Steps To Fix The HP Printer Light Blinking Problem?
Given below are the basic troubleshooting steps you can follow to fix the HP printer light blinking problem on your own:
- First, remove the ink cartridges from your printer and unplug the power cord from the printer and then the main source.
- Remove any USB cable connected to the printer.
- Leave the printer unplugged for 5 minutes and then press and hold the power button.
- The next step is to connect the power cord to the printer and the power source once again.
- Plug back the USB cable connecting your printer to the computer.
- Start your HP Printer from the power button and check if the HP printer lights blinking are stopped or not.
In most cases, the above method will work. However, if the problem persists and you can’t even find the cause behind the issue, download HP Scan Doctor on your PC. Once you’ll run the HP scan doctor on your device, it will troubleshoot your HP printer for any errors and issues. Alternatively, you can also reach our HP Support experts for assistance and let them fix your HP printer instead.
We hope your HP Printer Light Blinking problem is resolved after reading this blog. In case of any particular error code or messages displaying on your printer control panel, you should refer to our troubleshooting guides. The printer isn’t turning on or working? You should contact us to get help from our printer experts.