The printer is the most essential peripheral device in our day-to-day life. Such an amazing machinery device produces a permanent readable text of documents stored in electronic form. This device helps in transforming the softcopy of any document into a hardcopy. Despite being a very useful device, it is also a fact that the Printer is prone to show signs of problems. These days, many HP printer users have noticed HP Printer Driver is Unavailable & Windows 10 Printer Driver Is Unavailable errors. Then reported who they are facing while they print. As per the deep research, the driver shows ‘Unavailable’ many times if it is outdated or not compatible with the Windows 10 OS. Not to be worried about it! In this guide, we are going to explain the fixing methods with optimum ease. Hence, read the post!
What Does Windows 10 Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error Mean?
When you receive HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable error message on your Windows 10 PC, this generally signifies that the printer driver may be missing or corrupted. Therefore, in order to print hassle-freely, you should give a glimpse of the downloaded printer driver once. The driver should not be faulty at any cost otherwise the driver won’t be available during a print job.
Why Is My HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable?
The Printer Driver Is Unavailable because of the driver installed against your printer. There is the possibility that the installed driver is outdated or incompatible.
Effective Solutions To Fix HP Printer Driver Unavailable Windows 10 Error
If you are experiencing Windows 10 Printer Driver Is Unavailable error, you are perhaps missing some updates or else requiring a driver reinstallation. Here, we will walk you through all its fixing procedures one by one. Thus, give a brief look at below:
Solution 1: Update Your Windows 10
One of the most possible reasons for the appearance of the “Printer Driver Is Unavailable HP” error could be using an outdated Windows system. It is, thus, always recommended you install the available Windows updates to instantly cope-up this problematic hurdle. Here’s how:
- On your Windows 10 search box simply type “Update”.
- Now, select the “Check for updates” option.
- If there are updates available, it will show you on Windows Desktop.
- You just need to tap on the “Install now” button.
- Windows will start updating automatically.
- Once Windows has completed updating, restart your PC.
- Now, print a test page from your Windows 10 PC and check if the problem has been resolved.
If you are yet facing Windows 10 Printer Driver Is Unavailable error even after installing the available Windows Updates, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Uninstalling The Printer
In general, you can have the two options in your hand to counter the error ‘Driver Is Unavailable Printer HP’. Either you can uninstall the printer, and all the related software from Windows 10 system and then try installing it accurately again. Or else you can frequently look at all the available drivers and then select the right suitable one for your HP printer.
In this below guide, we will uninstall the printer and all the associated software first and then try connecting it in an appropriate way. For sure, doing this will, in turn, install the default drivers, and hence the ‘Windows 10 Printer Driver Is Unavailable error is gone.
So, let’s start following the below steps without making any mistakes:
- Press the “Windows + R” keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type “Control Panel” by opening the Run dialogue box and then hit the “Enter” key.
- Once in the control panel, give a single click on “Devices and Printers”.
- After tapping on it all the printers will be listed.
- You will have to choose the printer which is causing the problem and give right-click on it to select “Remove Device”. The printer creating trouble will be removed from your system.
- Now press the “Windows + R” key again and then type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box.
- Go to the “Print queues” option, place right-click on your printer and then select “Uninstall device”.
- Afterward, you are suggested to press “Windows + R”, type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box, and then hit the “Enter” key. Doing so all the applications will be listed.
- Give right-click on all your printer applications and select the “Uninstall” tab.
- After performing all these above-mentioned steps from top-to-toe, disconnect your printer from your Windows 10 PC if it is connecting via a USB connection or disconnect it from the router if it is using wireless. After disconnecting the devices shut down your computer, printer, and your router as well. Plug out the power supply from all of them.
- After that wait for around 10 minutes, plug everything back in properly, and then start all the modules. Now, use a USB cable to connect the printer to your computer. Wait for the required drivers’ recognition and let it install on the Windows 10 system.
- Now go back to the Control Panel section, right-click on the device, and select default printer“.
- Once you have successfully set your printer as default, you can try printing a test page. This time you may get high-quality printouts without receiving a message hp printer driver unavailable windows 10.
Solution 3: Reinstalling Latest Drivers Manually
If the above solution doesn’t help in solving the HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable issue, in the next, we will try updating the HP printer drivers manually. There are also some circumstances where the printer is working perfectly but due to a Windows system not being up-to-date, it gets broken. The updated drivers from Windows most probably create trouble and may not work for all systems. Such a specific situation was particularly noted with HP printers. The best way to eradicate this issue is to update the driver. To do it, navigate to the manufacturer’s site to manually download the current driver. Once you have the latest driver on Windows 10, try disabling the Windows update.
Before you proceed, make sure that you visit the manufacturer’s website and download the suitable drivers for your hardware to an easy-accessible location. Reinstallation of the latest drivers could help to fix the HP printer driver unavailable windows 10 error. Here’s what to do:
Let’s follow the provided guidelines
- Press the “Win + R” keys simultaneously to evoke the “RUN” command on Windows.
- Next, type “devmgmt.msc” in the search field and click the “OK” tab.
- Doing this will launch your computer’s device manager.
- Navigate through all the hardware, open the “Print queues” tab, right-click on your printer hardware and select “Update driver”.
- After doing so a dialog box will popped-up on your Windows screen asking you how do you want to update your driver. Select the second option stating ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and then continue.
- Opt for the driver file you downloaded earlier using the browse if it appears and then update it accordingly.
- Note: In many times, the printer won’t be visible in the device manager. In such a condition, just run the installer file and the driver will be installed automatically.
- Check your printer whether is functioning well at this point stage. If it is working, navigate to the official Microsoft website and download the complete package “wushowhide.diagcab”.
- Run the package on your system now and click the “Next” button.
- Now select Hide updates from the displayed option.
- Thereafter, select the printer update if anyone is available and then proceed. However, Windows update will not automatically update your printer driver until you tell it to.
Contact To Deft Connoisseurs At 24/7 Online Number For Handy Resolution
Once you have performed the aforementioned fixing guidelines exactly in the same given sequence, the Windows 10 Printer Driver Is Unavailable error can be annihilated from the root. However, this is quite an intricate and time-consuming process — especially if you are a newbie and doing it for the first time. That’s why here we suggest you make direct contact with us through HP Printer Support Phone Number. We, the highly expert team of tech-geeks will give you a one-stop solution at your doorstep.