A part from the several astonishing features of HP PC, you may also stumble upon several errors while using this machine. Among st the number of system errors, boot device not found or 3F0 error on HP PC is the most frequent error that is reported by computer users. It takes place all of a sudden devoid of giving you a slight chance to act upon it. However, you can effortlessly resolve this error by following the set of measures which are discussed below. Else you can also put a call on HP Support Number and take assistance from online experts to fix this error swiftly.
The provided remedial measures are only applicable if you see any of the mentioned hard drive errors on your computer screen:
- Boot device is unable to found. Please install an OS on your hard disk first.
- There is no boot device is available.
- Boot device not found, hard disk error (3F0).
- No bootable device has been found, insert boot disk and then press any key.
When you see Boot device not found 3F0 error?
When the hard disk is unable to support the boot process of system, then you may stumble upon hard drive boot device not found 3F0 error. While the booting process is running, the OS loads into Random Access Memory (RAM). In order to complete this task, a setup process starts and BIOS update (basic input output system) takes the whole charge. Then, BIOS need to access certain file from the bootable device. But, when the hard drive is not accessed by BIOS, then Boot device not found 3F0 error pops up on the computer screen.
What are the reasons behind the occurrence of Boot Device 3F0 Error?
Once you have the knowledge about the causes of 3F0 error, then you tackle down this error with suitable courses of action.
The potential causes of hard drive 3F0 error consist of:
- Having incorrect boot sequence in the BIOS.
- Boot sector or the Master Boot Record in damaged.
- Facing some hard drive connection issue.
- Malware or virus attack
- You have corrupt hard drive partitions.
- Corrupt hard drive partitions and damaged hard drive
Now, you are familiar with the reasons by which this nasty error takes place. It’s time to learn how to Fix Boot Device Not Found Error.
In order to fix this error, follow the mentioned measures carefully.
Perform a Hard Reset
By performing a hard reset you can easily re-establishes the connection with BIOS and the hardware. It is a very easy process that will also fix boot device not found 3F0 error. For this, you have to follow the below noted steps.
- Turn your HP PC off.
- Remove computer from any attached docking station and after that unplug the AC adaptor from the computer.
- Make sure no peripheral device is connected with the computer.
- Afterward, you need to press the power button for at least 15 seconds to drain out all of the residual charge.
- Now, you need to start the system by pressing the power button.
- When the startup menu appears, select the start windows normally by using arrow keys and press enter.
Steps to Restore BIOS Default Settings
Sometimes, the system is configured to boot from an unbootable disk and you need to Restore BIOS Default Settings. In order to fix boot device not found 3F0 error, go after these steps:
- Start the computer by pressing the power button and instantly after this, press F10 key repeatedly to enter into BIOS setup menu.
- In order to load and restore BIOS setup default settings, simply press F9 on the BIOS setup menu.
- When it loaded completely, press F10 to save and exit.
- Choose yes, and when prompted exit saving changes, simply press enter.
- After that, simply follow the on screen instructions to restart the computer.
How can you perform Reset Hard Drive?
The boot device not found error is might be due to some lose connections, so you need to reset hard drive in order to fix this error. For this, follow these steps:
- Turn off the computer by pressing the power button for a few seconds.
- Now, you need to unplug the power cable.
- After that, you have to disconnect and reconnect the hard drive.
- Join all removed cable to the computer and restart it to see if it works seamlessly.
By following these simple measures, you can eliminate boot device not found 3F0 error in an efficient manner. However, whenever you need to additional support to understand any of the measure, then you can put a call on helpline number at anytime.