After you switch to Windows 10 and suddenly your printer stopped working is one of the common issues that people encounter these days. While you trying to operate it, shows HP Printer In Error State, unable to print documents. Moreover, you are unable to connect with the printer while operating it. Though, you don’t need to take stress! Here, we are offering some effective solutions to eliminate printer problems on Windows 10. Afterwards it will automatically be back on working condition again.
Steps to fix HP Printer In Error State On Windows 10 issue are:
This error is generally displayed when the printer is jammed, the cover is open, low in paper or ink, or the printer is not connected appropriately, etc.
- First of all, you need to ensure that all the connections and cables of the printer are fit and don’t have a loophole.
- Make sure that your entire devices are connected to each other in a proper way.
- Also, you need to turn off the printer. After that, make sure there is no paper jam and then close all the trays properly.
- Make sure to keep ink cartridge with enough ink.
- If you own a wireless printer then restart your printer and modem router.
Make use of Device manager
- Open run dialogue box and type devmgmt.msc and hit ok. This will open device manager.
- You will see the entire installed driver list. Now, click on view menu and then choose show hidden devices option from the drop down menu.
- After that, expand the Ports (COM & LPT) category and right click on the Printer Port and then you need to choose Properties option.
- On the Printer Port LPT1, from the Properties dialog box, go to the Port Settings tab.
- Click on Use any interrupt assigned to the port and then check on the enable legacy plug and play detection box.
- Tap on apply and then ok
- Restart windows and see whether printer is working properly or not.
Make sure Print Spooler is in running state
You also need to make sure that the service type of print spooler is set to automatic and it is in the running state.
Clear print spooler files
Clear the spooler files and then restart the spooler service that helps to resolve most of the printer related issues. To do this once again, open windows services, right click and then stop the print spooler service.
Remove and Reinstall your printer driver
If you are still getting the same Printer in error state problem while taking printouts then try to update or reinstall printer’s drivers on your computer system. For this, you need to firstly uninstall the printer driver from the device manager.
To reinstall the printer go to the HP official site and then download the latest available driver for your printer model.
After reinstalling the HP printer’s driver, you will not see HP Printer in error state issue while using it on Windows 10. If anyhow error still continues to show up, then we suggest you to make a call at HP Customer Service Phone Number and take advice from skilled technicians to get rid of this issue.