It is quite common for the HP support assistant to not work when you update the windows.
However, you should not worry about anything as we are here to Support you in order to fix it that too without any technical knowledge.
There are several ways in which you can fix HP Support Assistant not working issue which we will be discussing in detail. In this way, you will be able to understand it in a much better way and tackle the problem on your own.
Before trying out any other method, we suggest you to try out Restor PC Repair Tool and run a scan on your complete system. Once you are done, you can take an action to repair and fix the problem. If the problem still continues then try these methods listed below.
Methods to fix HP Support Assistant not working problem
Method 1- Reinstall HP Support Assistant
If your current HP Support Assistant stops working, then you can try to resolve it by downloading the latest version available. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to remove the existing version.
Once you download it, run the file and click on ‘Yes’ to confirm and complete the installation procedure. Restart your system and see if HP Support Assistant is working again. If it doesn’t, then you can try the other methods listed below.
Method 2- Uninstall the App
If the above method doesn’t work in your favor then you can uninstall HP Support Assistant then reinstall it. Use these steps to do it:
- Press the Windows key and ‘R’ simultaneously
- Type ‘control’ and then click on ‘ok’
- When the control panel pops up, go to ‘Programs’ and then choose ‘Programs and Features’
- From the list of installed apps, find and select HP Support Assistant
- You have to uninstall it by following the instructions displayed on the screen
- Close the window of the Control Panel after the completion of the installation
- Navigate to File Explorer and search for C:\Program Files (X86)\Hewlett Packard\
- You will find the HP Support Framework folder which you are required to delete
- Download the HP Support Assistant installer file and then see if it is in a working state or not
- Launch it and then check for the latest updates if there are any. Wait till the updates get downloaded and then restart your system to see if you have successfully fixed the HP Support Assistant not working issue or not
Method 3- Disable the antivirus software
It is quite a common situation where the antivirus software doesn’t allow the HP Support Assistant to function after an update. Therefore, you should disable it for some time and then try to use it to see if the error was caused by the antivirus or not.
Method 4- Update the drivers manually
If you have outdated mechanisms on your laptop/desktop, then you can update the latest version from the official website of the manufacturer.
Navigate to the HP Care product page and enter the details of your HP Laptop for which you would like to get the updates.
Go through the list of available updates and you can install them step by step.
If you come across an update for HP Support Assistant then you need to download and install it as well.
You should also download the drivers and then restart your device for the changes to show up.
If you are still stuck then get in touch with HP Support and then experts will help you to fix not only HP Support Assistant not working problem but any other issue as well.