After purchasing a wireless HP printer, now you must be wondering what to add this printer to a wireless network. By doing so, you can print from a computer on the same network devoid of connecting it to the printer with cables or any other means. Just create an HP Printer Wireless Setup and then you are good to go. Make sure your printer is capable to connect with the wireless network, as not all the printers have wireless functionality.
Learn to connect printer automatically
- Make sure your network and computer meet the following requirements in order to use the HP wireless functionality.
- The computer must be running Windows vista of later version or OS X 10.5 or later (Macintosh).
- The system must be connected to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless router that is over a 2.4 GHz connection.
- OS must be in control of the wireless network.
- The computer system must be connected to the wireless network in which your printer is connected.
- Use a dynamic IP address within your computer, not a static one.
- Download and install the printer’s software from the HP site and open the printer setup process.
- Turn on your HP printer and start the process to connect it with the wireless network.
- Reach the network section by following the on-screen instructions.
- Choose your preferred network.
- Tap on yes send my wireless settings to the printer button.
- Wait until you see a confirmation message on your computer screen.
- Close the setup process once it is complete. After that, you will be able to start using your printer again.
Now, look at the steps to add an HP printer to a wireless network manually
First of all, you need to install your printer within your computer with the help of a USB cable. Install the software as many HP printers come with the installation CDs.
- Connect the printer to a power source and then press the power button.
- If needed then activate the touch screen of your printer.
- Select setup from the wireless setup wizard.
- Now, click on the network to open the wireless settings.
- Choose a wireless network wizard to start the wireless searching features.
- Click on your wireless network. Enter the password and press done to save your credentials.
- At the moment, your HP printer will start attempting to connect with the network.
- Press OK when prompted on the screen.
After performing all the aforementioned steps you should now be able to print with your printer over a wireless network. All these steps are very easy to follow and also very effective. However, if you need further assistance regarding this, then you can dial HP Contact Number and join hands with experts. With their proper guidance, you will be able to get rid of your issues in an efficient manner.