If your HP printer won’t print black or absent in colors even with recently install ink cartridges, don’t fuss. It’s a small normal printer difficulty you can meet at least once in your printer’s lifetime. Here’s what you can do for Printer Not Printing Black. It’s a step by step simple solution to keep your machine printing.
Why printer missing colors?
There are quite a lot of causes your HP printer won’t print black or extra color. The only method to discover the answer is to take away the cartridges and start identifies the problem from there.
What are the possible causes of missing colors?
Clogged printer head:
- Turn on printer and open lid cover to cartridge compartment.
(If you are using an HP Photosmart, stay for the cartridges to stop in the middle before removing them. Be cautious not to touch the printhead.)
- After that, lift the lever that locks the cartridge container
- Take away the cartridge section.
- Your ink cartridges might be okay and new but your print head might be filled of gunk and dried inks.
- To dirt free, you can ran or dip the container under a temperate water to soften dried inks.
- Once cleaned, dry the container with clear tissue or paper.
- Put it back into the printer and lock into place. Reinstall the ink cartridges and run test print.
Update printer driver:
HP Printer Not Printing Black issue is not the ink cartridge or the printhead, and then one cause could be an out-of-date driver. Update your driver by running your printer utility application or tool. You can as well update by visiting their website hp.com/support
and type in your printer model. They provide you a direct link to your drivers and other updates desirable.
You can also try start again your printer after reinstalling the new cartridges. By doing so, the printer is punctual to run the new cartridges and standardize them.
Open the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows comprise a Printer troubleshooter that can come in handy for fixing printers when they don’t print as predictable. So that might provide some fixes for HP printers not printing black ink.
Follow the guidelines below to open the Printer troubleshooter.
- Windows 10 users can unlock the Printer troubleshooter by click the Cortana Type here to search button on the taskbar.
- Write ‘troubleshoot’ in the search box.
- Choose Troubleshoot to open the Settings app window shown below.
- Choose Printer and click Run the troubleshooter to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Choose your HP printer model scheduled in the troubleshooter’s window.
- Then push the Next button to fix the printing with the troubleshooter.
- To unlock the Printer troubleshooter in new Windows platforms, push the Windows key + R hotkey. Then enter ‘Control Panel’ in the Open box, and click the OK button.
- Tap Troubleshooting to open the Control Panel applet below.
- Tap View all on the left of the window to open a full list of troubleshooters.
- Then right-click Printer and select Run as administrator.
After following discussed method may be you can fix your problem when HP Printer Not Printing, if you are not able to fix, then you can contact HP support team for assist. They are always available to help you and solve your problem within some less time.