Firewall software can help you to protect your computer, but at the same time, it can cause several network issues with your network connection. For example, firewall can block the installation of printer driver and its several functions. Thus, you may not able to print on a network printer. However, by taking guidance from ingenious professionals via dialing HP Customer Service Phone Number, you can easily fix this error. Else, you can continue reading this guide till last to fix firewall blocking the driver installation of printer function issue.
When a firewall is active on your computer Fix firewall blocking the driver installation or printer function, then it might be rejecting the necessary network connection that requires for various network operations such as network scanning, network printing and network PC-faxing. In this case, HP recommends you to either disable the firewall or leave the firewall enabled and adjust the settings.
Firewall helps in blocking threats from outside your network. But, due to some settings or configurations the communication with the network printers will get block.
The settings of firewall might cause one of the following issues:
- You can’t install printer software or driver at all.
- If you are able to install printer software, then the printer can’t be found on the network.
- Printer performs some functionality correctly while other does not.
- All of a sudden printer stop printing.
- The printer status shows as not connected even it is well-connected to the network.
To check whether firewall is causing the issue, make use of HP printer and scan doctor to temporarily disable the firewall. After that, you need to configure the firewall using your security software.
How to temporarily disable the firewall?
- Look at the below mentioned steps to temporarily disable the firewall by using HP print and scan doctor tool to see if it is blocking the installation of driver or printer functionality or not.
- Firstly, you need to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Go to Network and then click on Troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Click on the name of any firewall that has enabled status, and then click on disable. Perform this action until all firewalls are disabled.
- When your entire firewall gets disabled then install your printer driver and software. After that, you can enjoy printing with your HP printer.
Learn to configure the firewall
Several anti-virus and computer security programs that monitor communications of your computer for any threats, which are require configuring properly so that you don’t have to face any network issue while working with your printer.
You can configure firewall settings in two ways:
- In Windows Defender
- In other security software
At last, by disabling the printer software for temporarily basis, you can easily get rid of network printer several issues. If you face any issues, then try taking guidance from the professionals of HP Support. They will surely help you out in resolving several failure sets. You can easily make connection with them by dialing toll-free number at the comfort of your home.