HP manufactures user-friendly as well as excellent quality laptops to ease people. But, like other brand laptops, HP laptop also faces some technical difficulties. One such issue which are seen in many HP laptop is its mouse pad or the touchpad stops working. According to HP Laptop Support executives there are several reasons behind the non-working issue of Mouse pad. However, you can try below discussed 5 methods to resolve this issue of your HP laptop.
5 methods to resolve the HP laptop mouse pad is not working issue
Update the mouse touchpad driver
Due to the outdated or corrupted driver of touchpad, there is possibility of occurrence of mouse pad is not working error. You can try updating the touchpad driver to solve this issue. You can either update driver manually or you can take help of the software too.
Turn over or roll back the touchpad driver
Recently, you updated you system and right after that your touchpad stops responding. It might be happened because the touchpad driver is conflicting with one of the newly installed operating system software. To solve this issue, you have to roll back or turn over the touchpad driver.
Try enabling the HP laptop mouse touchpad by using the ‘Fn’ key
Your HP Laptop Touchpad may stop working because it accidentally gets disabled. You have to re-enable the touchpad, if you want to continue working with your touchpad. Enable the touchpad by using “Fn” key and function key at the same time. You simply need to press “Fn” key and the specific function key according to your HP laptop model at the same time.
Enable the touchpad from mouse properties
You can also try navigating to the mouse properties for enabling the touchpad of your HP laptop. Simply, you need to enable it from the mouse properties device list. Complete the process by checking if your touchpad starts to work again or not.
Run a hard reset
Due to some unknown changes in the settings can also make your HP Laptop touchpad to stop working. With an intention to resolve this issue, you can run a hard reset. Sometimes, hard reset process can be difficult to execute, so we highly recommend you to do it with the help of a technician.
These are the 5 simple methods that may help you to resolve mouse touchpad issue of your HP laptop. If you need any kind of assistance while applying these steps, you can make a call at HP Tech Support Phone Number. By dialing this number, you will get the chance to meet with the professionals and they will provide you the best possible solution to fix your issues. For providing you the support, they will never ask you for extra charges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Enable The Touchpad On My HP Laptop?
- Go to the Windows ‘Start’ button using your keyboard.
- In the Search field, type mouse which shows a ‘Mouse’ option.
- Click on it to open the properties of the mouse.
- In the Mouse Properties Window, select the ‘Device Settings’ tab
- Click on the ‘Enable’ option and then click the ‘OK’ option.
Moreover, you can also refer to online assistance from a trustworthy source if necessary. Here, you can get the pro guide regarding the same.
Why Is My Touchpad Not Working?
In most cases, your touchpad denies working in a proper manner. However, it may happen due to an out-of-date driver. You can do it easily by going to the ‘Device Manager’ option in the ‘Start’ menu. Here, you have to select your touchpad under the Mice and other pointing devices. Now, go to the ‘Driver’ tab and click on the ‘Update Driver’ option to update it. Doing so will help you to resolve the problems completely from the root.
How Do I Reset My HP Touchpad?
Have a look at the process and implement it step by step:
- First off, you should press and hold the power button
- Along with that, you also need to press and hold the ‘Home’ button.
- After putting both of them together for around a minute seconds, a reset process starts.
- Now, you reboot the HP touchpad and see if it works properly.
Moreover, you should also look for technical assistance if you are facing any mishaps or hurdles regarding the same.
How Do I Unlock My Touchpad On My Laptop?
Sometimes, you accidentally locked the touchpad of your laptop. If an LED light is ‘ON’, it simply means that you have locked the touchpad. To unlock it, you should switch off the sensor LED light. Once the sensor light will switch off, you will be able to activate the touchpad. What you need to do is to double-tap the sensors to unlock it. Further, you can also seek troubleshooting help so that you could easily do so and resume your work.
How Do You Unfreeze The Mouse On A Laptop?
To do so, you need to perform some basic troubleshooting methods to unfreeze the mouse on the laptop.
- For that, you should first reboot your laptop.
- Next, you should check the setting and make sure you have enabled the mouse setting.
- Also, you will have to turn on the functions keys for unfreezing the mouse.
- Besides, consider updating the drivers will also help you to unfreeze the mouse.
You can also look for the troubleshooting assistance if you face inconveniences regarding the same.
How Do I Enable The Mousepad On My Laptop?
First of all, you need to click the ‘Start’ button using your keyboard. In the search box, you will have to Type ‘Mouse’ and click on it. Now, you will also need to click on the ‘Touchpad’ and navigate to the ‘Device Settings’. Select the ‘Enable’ option ad you will be able successfully to do enable your Mousepad on your laptop. Moreover, you can also take the assistance directly from the professionals regarding the same if any problem takes place.
Why My Wireless Mouse Is Not Working?
Are you facing problems with your wireless mouse? Is your wireless mouse not working in a proper manner? It might happen when your computer system and wireless mouse is not able to communicate with each other. With a stable network connection, you can easily avoid such problems in no time. Moreover, syncing problems can also be a cause behind mouse not working problems. By just resyncing, you will be able to get rid of such hurdles with optimum ease.
How Do You Turn A Laptop Mouse Back On?
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box of the ‘Start’ menu.
- Press enter to open the control panel window.
- Here, you will have to select the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option.
- Select ‘Mouse’ which is available under the section of ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Navigate to the ‘Mouse Properties’ window and select ‘Touchpad option’.
- Enable it by clicking on the ‘Enable’ option.
By implementing these steps, you will surely turn on the laptop mouse in a trouble-free manner.
How Do You Fix A Frozen Mouse On A Laptop?
- First, press and hold the function (FN) key.
- Tap the ‘F9’ key (you can also tap on ‘F7’ or ’F8’) at the top of your keyboard.
- Release the function key.
Go to the touchpad of your laptop to test whether it is working or not. Moreover, if the problems still occur, you can also go to the ‘Control Panel’ option. A ‘Mouse’ icon appears you need to double-click and then go to the ‘Settings’ tab. Now, you need to click the ‘Enable’ button
How Do I Enable Touchpad On Laptop?
However, by changing the setting of your HP laptop, you should easily enable the touchpad on the Laptop.
- For that, go to the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section.
- A ‘Mouse’ option appears under ‘Devices and Printers’ section, just click on it.
- Find out the touchpad settings.
- Mark a tick to check in the box which is available next to the ‘Enable’ touchpad option.
- Now, you need to test your touchpad.
Why Touchpad Is Not Working On My Laptop?
There can be several sorts of reasons which might trigger some touchpad related problems. Besides, hardware issues play a crucial role in the occurrence of such troubles. However, by updating the driver software, you will be able to resolve touchpad not working problems. Moreover, you can also check if you accidently disable the touchpad settings. If you find the disable touchpad, you should immediately enable it. Moreover, if your touchpad is still not working, you should consider taking an expert’s help from a reliable source.
How Do I Restart My HP Laptop When The Screen Is Black?
In such a case, you should consider resetting your HP Laptop and see if it works properly. For that, you need to follow these steps:
- First off, turn off your HP laptop.
- Remove the power cable.
- Also, disconnect the additional peripheral devices.
- Then, press and hold the power button.
- Release it after around a minute.
- Boot your laptop again and check if it is finely working.